Hard fish to catch

Rod Caster

atlantic salmon in the st. mary's rapids have had my number for years. i can catch them in the tailrace below the hydro dams but in the rapids i was broken off by 13 consecutive fish. it's been a decade or so since i fished the rapids in summer but it's been a definite thorn in my side.

Sacrificial lures to the salmon gods huh?

Everytime you go out you are over-prepared and confident, yet you return home with nothing but scenery shots.

What's so bad about that? Isn't the whole point of fishing is to enjoy the outdoors? I could care less if I don't catch any fish. The hardest fish to catch is anything, especially if you're shore fishing, which is what I do all of the time.

Edited by swiss

What's so bad about that? Isn't the whole point of fishing is to enjoy the outdoors? I could care less if I don't catch any fish. The hardest fish to catch is anything, especially if you're shore fishing, which is what I do all of the time.

The point of fishing is what you make it. Some people have goals set when they go out and others simply enjoy the time with friends and the outdoors. I'm A-ok with boththumbsup_anim.gif

I've been chasing bows for the past few weeks and not a sniff. It's a beautiful area so I'm the better just for trying, but I sure wish oh I wish I wish I had caught that fish.

I think they are called sub-arctic char in your region.

Chris should be able to catch them then since he is a sub fisherman. :rofl2:

My white whale is a Blue Catfish we call "Fluffy" who was last caught last year and weighed #56 lbs. Out of 4 of us no one has seen her I sure hope she was returned if someone else caught her.

Art