casting technic(seen on WFN)

mercman

Once again, It all depends what I have at the end of my leash..

Say a light spoon or a crank ..one hander. 2 hands for more distance or against the wind.

If I have a large bait on I'll most all of the time use a 2 handed cast..(strictly overhand)...

I myself find the one hander more accurate..and versatile.

Randy

:canadian:

Once again, It all depends what I have at the end of my leash..

Say a light spoon or a crank ..one hander. 2 hands for more distance or against the wind.

If I have a large bait on I'll most all of the time use a 2 handed cast..(strictly overhand)...

I myself find the one hander more accurate..and versatile.

Randy

canadian.gif

Thanks Randy. I just subscribed to wfn last nite.Gonna help pass the cold hibernation months.Seen a few strange things, like why do they bonk the fish on the side of the head before taking the hook out.dunno.gif

Come to think of it.. I may know why.

I remember being a kid and throwing a fit with arms flailing and all

.. my Mom would bonk me on the head or or give me a light slap on the cheek to calm me down.. so she could "take the hook out"

If it worked on me .. It might work on a flailing fish... I'll try it next time.

Randy

:canadian:

Sorry, I thought that you were kidding.. blink.gif

I have no clue why someone would bonk a fish to get the hook out unless he's keeping it.. Do you remember what show you were watching?

Randy

canadian.gif

scott martin challenge. i chuckled a bit when he kept telling the fish to quiet down.i guess it didnt listen so he smacked it, took the hook out and let it go.

Paul

Come to think of it.. I may know why.

I remember being a kid and throwing a fit with arms flailing and all

.. my Mom would bonk me on the head or or give me a light slap on the cheek to calm me down.. so she could "take the hook out"

If it worked on me .. It might work on a flailing fish... I'll try it next time.

Randy

canadian.gif

rofl2.gif mine used to dig her nails into my arm.You try smackin and i'll try diggin my nails in.then we'll compare notes

I cast bait-casters with two hands, that's the way I started as a kid and the habit stuck.

In a practical sense, I think that two hands makes sense, since it puts my left in position to take the hand-off as the rod goes from right to left.

I generally change hands while the bait is in the air and thumb with my left, most of the time.

I also cast spinning rods with two hands...It just seems like it's easier to aim that way...it feels steadier...like a rifle vs a sixgun.

Fish abuse makes no sense to me, but then I never slapped my kids either.

Same thing as a haul cast in flyfishing... In this case, you'd pull in the butt section as you're making your forward swing. It increases the speed of your swing, much like a teeter..

Does this make sense?!?! Don't make me draw you a diagram boy.. tongue.giflaugh.gif

yaza boss....makes perfect senseworthy.gif

Hey Mercman

I think Scott was hitting the jig head with the palm of his hand & then taking the hook out, when the hook is in good it's easier to get out if you give it a quick slap

Richard

maybe.i'll keep watchin.Maybe i'll get a better look next time. WFN is an excellent chanel.I may have loads of questions in the future. I've been out of the loop for a long time.whistling.gif

I find I have more control and power using 2 hands. I am not comfortable at all casting one handed.

I have seen the palm smack the jig head technique on FishTV as well.

thanks for all the feedback. I tried double handed and it feels a little akward, but i do get more distance. The wife is giving it a try too. Back in july when she started fishing, she was using 1 hand and trew her whole rod and reel into 30ft of water.Now she attached the cord from the deadman switch from my motor to her rod and her lifejacket.Maybe with 2 hands i'll get my cord back.

Guest Manitoubass

Always one handed for me, far more accurate in my situation. Never felt comfortable two handed, at all. I've also never had the urge to cast 300ft from the shore/boat