So I bit the bullet for a new trolling motor

grt1

When I was fishing the Red Lake fall classic this past Labour Day I was having problems with the maxxum motor I have on the bow of the boat, It kept cutting in and out, when I moved my foot on the pedal to a certain spot , it would work, move it to another spot and no way would it go, just really made the operation frustrating.

I noticed that several others were using the terrova's on their boats and after talking to them , they all loved the terrova, I thought I'd get one in the spring.

Doing my home work, I found out that the 80# 60" 24v terrova with i-pilot would cost $1300 if it had the universal sonar and $1200 if it didn't. (this was on the cabela's website) Checking the cabela's website for canada there was a great discrepancy in their price. they wanted $300 more than the US prices.

On monday I was in Winnipeg and I went to a little tackle shop ,that I always go to when the wife is shopping for clothes, and he had a terrova 24v 80# 60" for $1500, he caught me at a moment of weakness and I bought it. Then to top it off he suggested I ship it home on the bus and save the provincial sales tax, (that cost me $38) so I got the motor yesterday and found out it also had the universal sonar.

So today, between the rain I'm going to put it on the boat and hopefully go out and try it out.

I love my Terrova, and I want to get the iPilot module for mine but I think the Lowrance structure scan module will come first. Do you have the proper connector for the US2? I just paid $38 in the states for the HDS connector :blink:

I think the spot lock feature is the feature I would use the most....enjoy

yes this motor has the us2 connector but I just installed a humminbird 797 on the front of the boat and have the transducer on the motor housing on the maxxum, so with the side scan, I don't know if the universal sonar will work with this feature, so i'm looking at just switching the transducer to the housing on the terrova.

I have the same motor with I pilot. Both have been flawless although I have heard some complaining that the I-pilot controllers sometimes aren't as waterproof as advertised so just a head-up. I've been pulling cranks the last couple weeks and in big wind I found that by running my kicker and allowing enough buffer speed to use my Terrova with cruise control and autopilot into the wind works like a dream in open water. I set the cruise speed at 1.8mph and it never went below 1.5 or above 2.1 and most of the time didn't vary by more than .1mph, but the best thing was being hands free so I could change cranks and so on. Really nice when you're running multiple rods. Good luck with your new baby.