Antique market purchases

Gregoire

I went to a local antique market today. I picked up a few fishing lures. I was just looking for some input.

Here is a photo of the noteworthy lures I acquired:

lures6.jpg

There is a jointed believer in there (that is the reason I bought the lures). It is in a colour pattern that I don't think they make anymore. There is 2 Baglye's big b's I think that I got from another vendor. there is a bagley's crawfish. There are 2 big o's i believe. Also there are three in the package canadian northern spoons. I also got an older tackle box. I think I did well. Here are some other pics.

lures5.jpg

Lures1.jpg

Looks like a Delfin Alligator in the bottom right of the first pic :worthy: Those things are legendary on spring spec lake trips, for me anyway. I could go spring spec fishing with those and EGB's and never want another spoon. Nice haul. :clapping:

That's what it says on the spoon, I've never heard of it, but I will keep it in mind. I've been dreaming of taking a spring trip to Algonquin. There's a purple lure with pink spots and a neon green belly. Does anyone know what that is?

Edited by fishgreg

There's a purple lure with pink spots and a neon green belly. Does anyone know what that is?

Not sure what it is but I had one of those before. Pretty sure its something you'd pick up at a Giant Tiger or Dollar Store (I keep cheap stuff available for people renting my cottage). The one I had at the cottage caught me a few fish before someone lost it. Actually swam pretty good for a cheap bait. I remember fishing with a couple of my nephews and nobody would use that bait because it had pink polka dots...I put it on and nailed a 20 inch smallie within minutes!

That's what it says on the spoon, I've never heard of it, but I will keep it in mind. I've been dreaming of taking a spring trip to Algonquin. There's a purple lure with pink spots and a neon green belly. Does anyone know what that is?

Sorry, should edit this...the purple/pink lure isn't the Alligator...it is the red/silver spoon.

That is most definitely a Delfin Alligator. Nice pick-up...do you want to sell it? I picked one up myself years ago at a Flea market...still have it and a couple old ones...one of THE ALL TIME BEST Lake Huron steelhead spoons for whipping off the piers. Kicks a Little Cleos butt most days.

Edited by FRANKIE65

If it's that brown one in the top left, they're the ones I used to use.

they're a balsa wood, teardrop shaped diver, much like the Rapala DT-10. The finish used to crack after awhile, but they were a very good bass bait.

You can twitch them on the surface near cover, then crank down.

Garry2R's

Edited by garry2rs

If it's that brown one in the top left, they're the ones I used to use.

they're a balsa wood, teardrop shaped diver, much like the Rapala DT-10. The finish used to crack after awhile, but they were a very good bass bait.

You can twitch them on the surface near cover, then crank down.

Garry2R's

Thanks for the tip. I am not a huge bass fisher but I'll keep that in mind.