Top 10 muskies of my season

Fisherpete

No probs! One more observation from this summer... glass calm lake + sunny skies = yech. Need a bit of a chop on the water... some clouds, or even better, totally grey and overcast... throw in a light drizzle and now we're talking!!!

As for the map thing - seriously, on the way up to Sturgeon I grabbed one of those maps that you find at every general store in the Kawarthas, looked at the general lake area where we were launching for MAYBE a total of 5 minutes and out we went. Nice when things go just as planned! Were we lucky that day? Absolutely. But even a bit of planning or research on the lake can improve your odds greatly.

Edited by Fisherpete

weed beds - yes

river / creek mouths - yep although this hasn't been productive for me

saddles between islands or islands and shore - yes

shorelines - yes

One key thing I have found is to have some deeper water nearby... on many Kawartha lakes this often only means 15-20 ft.

4:30am Wednesday morning, I'm packing the boat right now... c'mon OFC peeps, send me some karma today while I am out there so I can get that GIANT!!!

Edited by Fisherpete

I continue to druel at your postingsworthy.gif . With your combo of understanding wife, flexible work schedule and 'ski know how, I can but watch from a distance and hope the time will come for me and work is not the daily requirement... but rather ski'ing....

• 1 month later...