Canadian made, let's make a list

Dave Bailey

yes, I am proud to be Canadian but who cares where they are made as long as the product is a good one and you like to use it to catch fish. They could be from USA to Australia to Canada..as long as they make a product that you like...who cares.

I'm sure there is something in your house that you will use tonight..whether it be for supper, sitting on after supper to watch a televsion, or whatever..that is not 100% Canadian.

dumb thread...jmho

Many disagree with you coldh20guy, I for one think if a Canadian product is as good or close to as good as one that is made off shore I will buy the Canadian one for sure. In fact I would even pay a little more for the "Home made" product, I have to admit it is hard to buy Canadian all the time but I do try. I am thankful for the information in this thread good going everyone.

Edited by Grog

Many disagree with you coldh20guy, I for one think if a Canadian product is as good or close to as good as one that is made off shore I will buy the Canadian one for sure. In fact I would even pay a little more for the "Home made" product, I have to admit it is hard to buy Canadian all the time but I do try. I am thankful for the information in this thread good going everyone.

like I said, its just my opinion...cheers

Well saidthumbsup_anim.gif

This whole thread has been a wonderful reminder that we as Canadians are able to contribute some very useful and well recognized products. I for one try my best to purchase Canadian.Price isn't everything and i believe you get what you pay for and we make quality stuff worth the few dollars more.

yes, I am proud to be Canadian but who cares where they are made as long as the product is a good one and you like to use it to catch fish. They could be from USA to Australia to Canada..as long as they make a product that you like...who cares.

I'm sure there is something in your house that you will use tonight..whether it be for supper, sitting on after supper to watch a televsion, or whatever..that is not 100% Canadian.

dumb thread...jmho

I care, and it's not just about buying Canadian, it's as much about not buying from countries which should not be supported. The main offender is China which has a human rights record that is frightening. Minor non-violent crimes like business fraud can get you a death sentence, it has even been used on people for simply belonging to organisations like Falun Gong. You could be a young mother with a family, but if your tissue matches that of a rich westerner who wants your kidney you are strapped to a bed and cut up for spare parts. Brazil is another example. Police death squads have been known to walk the streets of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo at night killing children for the 'crimes' of being homeless and orphaned. They treat them as vermin who scare away tourists. Canada is not perfect, we have our own injustices, but we are better than most countries in this world.

I care.

I care, and it's not just about buying Canadian, it's as much about not buying from countries which should not be supported. The main offender is China which has a human rights record that is frightening. Minor non-violent crimes like business fraud can get you a death sentence, it has even been used on people for simply belonging to organisations like Falun Gong. You could be a young mother with a family, but if your tissue matches that of a rich westerner who wants your kidney you are strapped to a bed and cut up for spare parts. Brazil is another example. Police death squads have been known to walk the streets of Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo at night killing children for the 'crimes' of being homeless and orphaned. They treat them as vermin who scare away tourists. Canada is not perfect, we have our own injustices, but we are better than most countries in this world.

I care.

Wow the misconceptions and myths in that post are amazing. Did you even bother taking 2 seconds to fact check some of the things you said? :blahblah1:

Wow the misconceptions and myths in that post are amazing. Did you even bother taking 2 seconds to fact check some of the things you said? :blahblah1:

From the BBC

Death squads involving serving and retired police officers have long been a problem in Brazil where shop-keepers sometimes use them against street children.

And read this for more information about China.

Perhaps you would like to set me straight? I made specific statements, you could at least provide specific rebuttals.

Not really. I would never convince you no matter how much factual information I give. So continue with your ignorant view I dont really care. I have better things to do then sit here and research political injustice misconceptions to argue with a guy on a fishing forum.

Not really. I would never convince you no matter how much factual information I give.

You know me that well, do you?

So continue with your ignorant view I dont really care. I have better things to do then sit here and research political injustice misconceptions to argue with a guy on a fishing forum.

Fail.

But you're correct, this is a fishing forum, let's try to leave politics out of it unless called for. I was merely trying to point out to ColdH2Oguy why I care.

• 2 months later...

Here is a product I have been using for a while now. I tried al the rest and they did not work as well as this one. This company has grown to huge success in under a year. Best thing and reason I use them is that they are Canadian made. Nothing goes outside. The ownwr is a person who beleives in keeping everything here. Anything to do with the business stays here. Thats why I support them as well as I love the product.

http://www.therodglove.com/

Some of the best musky boo-tails I've ever used !!

I'm just sayin :lol:

Tony is a very old friend of mine. We've lost touch recently though. Great, great guy and those who know him know how hard the last year has been.

On a side note, interesting thread Mr. Bailey. In your initial post though, Gatti fly rods aren't Canadian made, they come from Italy.

Tony is a very old friend of mine. We've lost touch recently though. Great, great guy and those who know him know how hard the last year has been.

Lew and yourself are right these are some of the best I have ever seen Tony had started making them again just before his wife got sicker then passed this year I dont know if he is going to give it another try or just stop for good I have not heard what he is doing I hope he keeps going.

Sorry, should have rephrased it. Nothing goes outside meant that its all made here. Sales are all over North America. They are all made and packaged here. Dave is in charge of Canadian sales and Jim takes care of the international sales.

Edited by smalliefisher

Sorry, should have rephrased it. Nothing goes outside meant that its all made here. Sales are all over North America. They are all made and packaged here. Dave is in charge of Canadian sales and Jim takes care of the international sales.

Okay, it's on the list now!

• 3 months later...