Finally a decent fish

nroadrunner

Well I have had little time ( hour here or there) to fish since mid July. I have not had the boat in since then just been shore fishing, with not much luck. Nothing bigger that 8 inches since late July. Of course every day I have taken off this year it has rained, and today was no exception. Decided to go fishing for an hour after dinner at the dam, about 2 min walk from my house. Was going more to practice with my baitcaster, did not think I would get much. Rain held off for the hour temp are dropping. Was 30 ish all week today around 21. Put on a Bandit 100 series crankbait in perch, 10 or so casts later nice fish on. I call my wife at home, while fighting fish, to bring camera down to dam. About 90 seconds after I land it she shows up snap a few pics and back she goes. Weighed in a 3lb 3 oz on my new digital scale. Not a monster but after a hard month I was very pleased

This fish was caught in about 1 foot of water right beside the rapids, exact same spot I caught my PB 6lb smallie in early July.

Hopefully the pics work

fishingSept32010001.jpg

fishingSept32010002.jpg

fishingSept32010004.jpg

fishingSept32010007.jpg

Ian

Guest Johnny Bass

Nice fish but I enjoy seeing the smile on your son's face even more!He must have been proud of his dad! Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Johnny Bass