New tow vehicle

Daplumma

Your right Joe, I DO like it and your gonna be real happy you bought it too, those Safari's are excellent vehicles that just keep on going. I've bought 2 brand new ones and drove them both for 5 years and never had so much as a hiccup with either one.

And I agree with Dave, I don't know why they were discontinued.

Hafta tell ya though, I'm pretty happy I've now gone over to the dark side :lol::lol:

I had an '88 Astro. Drove that thing for 17 years. I always got made fun of, but was always loved for road trips. I have been across Canada and the States several times. Gone off roading with it. The 4x4 guys didn't like me pulling them out, not sure why? It finally gave up the ghost. Upgraded to a '98 Safari. Sadly it was nowhere near the same vehicle. I only owned it for 3 months I hated it so much. I figure with all the love for them, I must have gotten a lemon.

Great vehicles for sure. Especially on trips.

fun in the snow. put lots of weight back there. I had a 2 seater - did a 270 on me one day in the rain so fast I didnt know what hit me. survived that one

... and the guy who hit us in the freezing rain and rolled us a few years ago - had a rear drive safari. broke loose when he touched the gas an a lsight incline - hot us hard an rolled the whole thing - kids handing frm car seats upside down - wife still has a bad back from that.

Mine came in red but was a lemon, if it could go wrong it did - electrical, mechanical, the works..........................................maybe just my luck? maybe why they dont make em anymore. Turned me off GMs after a life time of them. Hopefully yours will not be one of those...............