Anyone know of good channel catfish places?

shimano25

Quite some time ago, when I lived there , we used to get them surf casting on the Lake Erie side of Long Point, did well right up until the opening of duck season. We used 9 foot lighter salt water spinning rigs an 2-3 oz pyramid sinkers to hold in the sand. Wade out, there is often a small shallow bar a few yards off shore, cast and then set your rod in a holder onshore. This was not an early spring fishery though, we always assumed thesse were fish that spawned in the Otter River. Could be worth a try, evening was best.

if you can travel east to the trent river. the bottom of the locks are always good. Some are very deep and fast moving water-- but there is some cats there. I know.

good luck... here is a tip: on your way to the river- if you see road kill -- pick it up and place in a burlap bag, add some rocks and throw it in the water you want to fish-- if you can wait a day or two-- works best.

Heh I would've said Wasaga in June. Not near as many as Dunnville but a ton of absolute 20lb+ slobs.

During the summer the rivers out East, Trent, Ottawa, Pet, Mad et al. Canoeing down the Petawawa & Madawaska you'll almost step on them in the shallows.