FISH A THON!

ALRIGHT! I'm officially in Fish-A-Thon mode for the next 28 hours or so. We've got a bunch more prizes which I'll post shortly, and I'll include a few other things to go over for you guys!

So far the pledges are flooding in all around, and we're shaping up to have an awesome day. We just have to cross our fingers for decent weather!

I just have to run out and get some tables and chairs and a second BBQ then I'll get back to you guys with a bunch of details! Please stay tuned!

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

ALRIGHT! I'm officially in Fish-A-Thon mode for the next 28 hours or so. We've got a bunch more prizes which I'll post shortly, and I'll include a few other things to go over for you guys!

So far the pledges are flooding in all around, and we're shaping up to have an awesome day. We just have to cross our fingers for decent weather!

I just have to run out and get some tables and chairs and a second BBQ then I'll get back to you guys with a bunch of details! Please stay tuned!

Cheers,

Ryan

Any details, yet, Ryan? We are pretty much loaded up and ready to go for tomorrow.

I'm going to keep this short and sweet as I still have to pack up my boat and such!

Time:

Our sort of official start is 8 a.m. but you don't have to kill yourself and get there for 7 or anything... arriving at 8 is OK! We'll spend a few minutes meeting one another, getting our shirts, launching boats and so on! The park is charging the standard $10 fee per vehicle, but they likely won't be there when we arrive so just come on in and head down to wards the launch.

We're going to have a Big Fish prize, and I'll go over those details in the morning, but remember to BRING A CAMERA! We're giving everybody measuring tapes (special thanks to T.J. and Ontariofishing.net for them! )

I'm hoping to set up a spot to meet for lunch and talk about what's working and what isn't. Then we'll go back to fishing until the BBQ and prize part of the day!

In the event that it's raining on and off which is a definite possibility I'm going to set something up at the conservation area where people can come in and warm up and or dry off. If this does happen, the BBQ and Prizes will likely happen at the park rather than my place because they have a covered pavilion.

Weather permitting, we'll stop fishing with just enough time to get all the boats out and head over to my place for the post fish-a-thon festivities!

I'm going to have everything from burgers and hot dogs, to salads and fruit trays so you don't want to miss out on the BBQ part of the day!

Things to remember:

1) Sun Screen

2) water

3) snacks

4) Lunch

5) Rain Coats

6) cell phone if you have one

7) CAMERA

8) a pee bucket! haha :thumbsup_anim: they have out-houses at the park

9) bathing suits in case it happens to be warm enough

10) your pledge forms and money

11) towels

12) what am I missing?? fill in the blanks for me guys! :blush:

I'm going to try to be on the water for 5 a.m. myself as I'd like to see what they're eating and figure out the most sheltered parts of the lake in the event that it's windy....

Remember, the temperature will have dropped significantly in a short amount of time, so the fish are going to be slow moving and a little more tight lipped. Small and Slow baits SHOULD be the ticket like Shawn said, but we'll try to figure them out!

Fire off any questions you have!

Can't wait t'il morning!

Cheers,

RYan

I'm going to keep this short and sweet as I still have to pack up my boat and such!

Time:

Our sort of official start is 8 a.m. but you don't have to kill yourself and get there for 7 or anything... arriving at 8 is OK! We'll spend a few minutes meeting one another, getting our shirts, launching boats and so on! The park is charging the standard $10 fee per vehicle, but they likely won't be there when we arrive so just come on in and head down to wards the launch.

We're going to have a Big Fish prize, and I'll go over those details in the morning, but remember to BRING A CAMERA! We're giving everybody measuring tapes (special thanks to T.J. and Ontariofishing.net for them! )

I'm hoping to set up a spot to meet for lunch and talk about what's working and what isn't. Then we'll go back to fishing until the BBQ and prize part of the day!

In the event that it's raining on and off which is a definite possibility I'm going to set something up at the conservation area where people can come in and warm up and or dry off. If this does happen, the BBQ and Prizes will likely happen at the park rather than my place because they have a covered pavilion.

Weather permitting, we'll stop fishing with just enough time to get all the boats out and head over to my place for the post fish-a-thon festivities!

I'm going to have everything from burgers and hot dogs, to salads and fruit trays so you don't want to miss out on the BBQ part of the day!

Things to remember:

1) Sun Screen

2) water

3) snacks

4) Lunch

5) Rain Coats

6) cell phone if you have one

7) CAMERA

8) a pee bucket! haha :thumbsup_anim: they have out-houses at the park

9) bathing suits in case it happens to be warm enough

10) your pledge forms and money

11) towels

12) what am I missing?? fill in the blanks for me guys! :blush:

I'm going to try to be on the water for 5 a.m. myself as I'd like to see what they're eating and figure out the most sheltered parts of the lake in the event that it's windy....

Remember, the temperature will have dropped significantly in a short amount of time, so the fish are going to be slow moving and a little more tight lipped. Small and Slow baits SHOULD be the ticket like Shawn said, but we'll try to figure them out!

Fire off any questions you have!

Can't wait t'il morning!

Cheers,

RYan

Sounds, excellent...don't forget your licenses and operator cards as well. We will see you in the morning...probably around 7:30 or so. Get some sleep, dude, if you are hitting the water at 5!!!!!!!!

Does it get choppy?Im going to have both my girls in the swamp fox!blink.gif This will be interesting!sad.gif

Im sure they will have a great time as will I!

BTW Frank,Ive got ten bucks riding on you!tongue.gif Honest!wink.gif

No worries buddy, we'd have to be in a hurricane to get white caps on that lake! haha even if it was really windy there's a whole bunch of little sheltered fingers off the sides of hte lake to go fish... I'll go over some maps with you guys in the morning...

cheers,

Ryan

No worries buddy, we'd have to be in a hurricane to get white caps on that lake! haha even if it was really windy there's a whole bunch of little sheltered fingers off the sides of hte lake to go fish... I'll go over some maps with you guys in the morning...

cheers,

Ryan

Would it be advisible to bring a tent?Just in case!

Special thanks to a few more sponsors! We'll get all of our amazing prize donators and sponsors posted up on our final Fish-A-Thon Thread, but for now here's a few that came in this afternoon....

Over 30 Facts of Fishing T-shirts AND a gear prize pack from Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc.

DSCF4059.jpg

DSCF4068.jpg

A hand-made lure kit from our friend Jacques here on OFC!

DSCF4060.jpg

Some amazing hand built musky / pike baits, and stickers from OFC member Clive and www.fishingfury.com

DSCF4063.jpg

A $20.00 Time Horton's cash card donated by my personal friend and member of OFC, FishnSled... He also made a $50.00 pledge!

DSCF4066.jpg

And these were actually meant for last years event but we didn't manage to connect until recently, but thanks GBW for 2 Samsung MP3 Players...

DSCF4067.jpg

Event's like this couldn't happen without the help and support from sponsors and donations like this! :thumbsup_anim:

More prizes were picked up by Shawn and Dan and will be highlighted in our post event reports!

See you all in the morning.

Cheers,

Ryan

well i'm hittin' the hay guys! my 4 a.m. wake up call is going to come fast and furious (not much of a morning guy... unless i'm going fishing) See you all in the a.m.

Call my cell or fire me a PM or e-mail if you have any issues finding the park.... i'll keep checking my phone.

cheers,

Ryan