300W power inverter

asdve23rveavwa

Guest Johnny Bass

Seen that at Canadian tire on special for 79.99. The sale ended yesterday. Has a USB port and everything but doesn't specify on cranking amps so went with the eliminator.

Guest Johnny Bass

You can pick up some refurbished for $30.00 at X-cargo, tech source, ect. But doubt they will last very long. Some really good deals at Canadian Tire this week for sure.

can tire has em on sale for 19 99 this week sale starts friday ... 300 watt will run small tv and satilite

Yup, that's the one I'm looking at. Just need it to blow up the bed (double high mattress), but, could come in handy once in awhile for other uses.

Seen that at Canadian tire on special for 79.99. The sale ended yesterday. Has a USB port and everything but doesn't specify on cranking amps so went with the eliminator.

Johnnybass, be careful with the Eliminator! I bought one (300) a few years back and when I went to use it had died (won't charge). I was told that those units have to be kept plugged in!!!!!

Brand new and still in the box!

Why not just go with the typical cigarette lighter pump? I have one and it works great. If you do have your mind set on the inverter, a 300W will suffice. My FJ Cruiser has a built in 400W and is ok. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a 2500W inverter with a dual battery set-up for my back lake camping trips. Nothing like being able to power a microwave, toaster, coffee maker..etc back in the bush. Man, talk about roughin' it eh!! LOL

Why not just go with the typical cigarette lighter pump? I have one and it works great. If you do have your mind set on the inverter, a 300W will suffice. My FJ Cruiser has a built in 400W and is ok. I'm actually thinking of upgrading to a 2500W inverter with a dual battery set-up for my back lake camping trips. Nothing like being able to power a microwave, toaster, coffee maker..etc back in the bush. Man, talk about roughin' it eh!! LOL

2500 Watts is overkill for that unless you want to run them all at once.

1500 is fine. I have a 1750 and can even run my table saw off it.

I have a 1300 generator that will run my small microwave or my espersso machine in my trailer. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Isn't that like saying 1 fishing rod is enough?

Not when you consider power usage.

The more power they are able to deliver the more power they use.

But even at idle (with no load) the higher the wattage they can deliver the more power they use.

For instance a 2500 watt inverter will use quite a bit more power with no load than a 1500 watt model will.

So unless you want to run out of battery power before the end of your camping trip I would go with the smallest inverter you can get away with.

Something to think about. ;)