Please remove all spillables and food items in area of keyboard(NF)

BITEME

Okay before everyone falls of their chair

I am considering the option of becoming a Teacher(trade) is there a way to do the teacher training online because I certainly cant quit my day job to do this any suggestions.

Thanks

Peter

Why would you want to become a teacher?

You only get 2 weeks off a year.

The rest are months! :sarcasm:

Edited by Ron

Guest Rapala Boy

LOL.....I wouldn't become an elementary teacher if I were you...or any one. A supply teacher that fills in for sick teachers has a much easier time. The funniest thing I remember was some one making a male teacher that liked to dance cry, goodtimes.

And what exactly would you be teaching? :whistling::D

Peter, this will be my 30th year as a high school shop teacher, very rewarding career..As far as teaching a trade, first of course you need to be qualified with a trade licence. There are really only 3 choices for teacher-training schools; Queens in Kingston, Windsor or the U of T. The technology teacher's course runs from September to April.

If you are unable to take the time off work, there is one other option. If no qualified teacher applies for the position, you may be considered for it without your teaching degree. At that point, you would be expected to attend the 2-summer programme at either Queens or Windsor. There is usually a lot of competition for these placements, I would suggest that you have experience working with kids, coaching, volunteering at your local school etc. Good luck in your new career.

I could be wrong, but i'm not certain that you would need a certification aside from appropriate trade tickets.

I'm currently teaching at a university as a Master's degree student. I've also had offers to teach math at colleges. My girlfriend has had offers to teach continuing education courses at the local college without any teaching certification (she has a B.Arts in the relevant course subjects). Even some (likely private) high schools do not require a teacher certification (e.g Appleby College).

I would contact the schools that you'd like to teach at first and foremost and ask the qualifications. You have likely missed the deadline for applying for the Fall semester, but Winter semester is a possibility. I really, really doubt you will need certification to teach a trade, but I come from a theory background.

Look into the teachers college in niagra. They might have some distance training. Also depending on x amount of years of experiance, liscense then you qualify. Also if you have a university degree then thats like an automatic enrollment for teachers college.

Looked into it and im shy three years before i can apply.

Edited by ReTodd