Another Personal Best!

I was on holidays this past week which enabled me to finish 205 feet of crown molding, a bunch of door trim and install tracks and closet doors...

We built this closet recently...

DSCF5162.jpg

Crown and bedroom closets finished throughout the house...

DSCF5189.jpg

Ever tried cutting crown molding corners before? :wallbash:

DSCF5191.jpg

Last night marked the last night before the end of my holidays so Averie and I packed our gear in anticipation of a father-daughter session on the lake this morning! :thumbsup_anim:

Baby brother luke tried on Averies life jacket and wouldn't take it off! haha

DSCF5218.jpg

Morning came fast so a tall order of coffee and hot chocolate was in order...

DSCF5220.jpg

We were both representin' Facts of Fishing this moring!

DSCF5222.jpg

Ah - a boat launch on an early sunday morning - hard to beat it!

DSCF5223.jpg

We had planned to try top waters after yesterdays success and I managed some fish but all little guys again!

DSCF5247.jpg

Averie was patient trying to crank back her topwater lure but eventually gave up and asked if we could use a better lure! :lol:

She caught a few of these little guys in shallow water...

DSCF5228.jpg

Then we put our electronics to use and managed to find some schooled up fish in 22 FOW... This goes to show that if you're fishing on a budget, even an inexpensive graph like this can help you find and catch more fish!

DSCF5245.jpg

Averie drops her line down and first hit is her new personal best bluegill!

DSCF5232.jpg

Even got the steelhead hold down pat for Solopaddler! :thumbsup_anim:

DSCF5234.jpg

I even had time to record half the fight because she brought him up from 20 FOW... :thumbsup_anim:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1w1WeVQFxU

She pounded these brutes for a while - completely schooling me while I casted topwaters aimlessly towards shore...

DSCF5244.jpg

Finally I gave up and figured I might as well catch one of them gills - but of course mine was smaller than any of hers! :wallbash: haha

DSCF5239.jpg

After Averie had her fill she wanted to hit the beach for a quick swim... and dad forgot her bikini... so in with clothes...

DSCF5250.jpg

There were all kinds of little minnows schooled up on the beach sand...check this out - dunno what kind they are? Almost transparent...

DSCF5254.jpg

Then it was time to collect things...

DSCF5270.jpg

And call it a day!

DSCF5265.jpg

These brief trips with Averie are the times I cherish most in life!

Enjoy the week ahead.

Cheers,

Ryan

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

I love going to DCR for great times with kids. The beach is great and its easy to put kids onto fish. Averie in the sponsored get up is great. Dave needs to have her as a guest on the show. Do you believe Ryan that at one time you could catch Lake Trout there. They use to release their old brood stock into it. But it still does produce the odd brown and brookie and of coarse rainbows.

Awesome :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Dano - how's the holidays up north treating you? saw your big smallie on Facebook! Why can't you catch them like that down here? :sarcasm:

:thumbsup_anim:

always love the averie reports. grats on your pb blue gill little one :)

Thanks Alex - Enjoy the river fish shows this aft while vegging out...

very cool Ryan

Thanks Cudz.. lookin forward to some more of those big smallie reports soon...

I love going to DCR for great times with kids. The beach is great and its easy to put kids onto fish. Averie in the sponsored get up is great. Dave needs to have her as a guest on the show. Do you believe Ryan that at one time you could catch Lake Trout there. They use to release their old brood stock into it. But it still does produce the odd brown and brookie and of coarse rainbows.

Best lake I've ever fished for the kids.... and yeah I was told that they stocked lakers in there way back when by the people who run the park.... Bow's are fairly easy to get into right after opener and late in the season as well but I don't have the patience to fish them deep during the summer.... as for browns and brookies - I've got the browns dialed in come late september / october... :whistling: .. but have yet to catch a brookie out of the lake...

that bluegill is huge averie!

I'll thank her for ya... I put it up againt the rod to get a measurement at home but haven't done it yet... easily her biggest either way.

wrong word CIDIOTS, leaving garbage everywhere, lol

THATS THE WORD.

I couldnt remember it and someone called me that from my opeongo trip.... stupid beer!

But yes if a reality show exist for canadian worst driver and handy man there should be one for the outdoors people..... oh wait thats called survivor :whistling: