Grand river fishing

tb4me

We went out tues evening in the midst of all that rain...went from 7 pm till 845 pm. We didnt bring a camera due to the rain. We caught our limit of waleye (all released except for one) 3 catfish some SM bass and a few 3 to 4 lb suckers in a little under 2 hrs. On worms and sinkers in a little back eddie...We had an awesome time and here is a pic of the keeper. A nice n fat 17.5 incher! MAn what a catch..

Note post edited due to tooo many complaints..

P8088495.jpg

P8088498.jpg

P8088499.jpg

Edited by tb4me

Like a true angler I never reveal my spots...Bill Ill tell ya what.. Gather your 6 buddies and ill meet ya down there..LOL you would never find me in a million years..sorry dude. As far as im concearned im the only person that fishes there( except for a couple of friends I take there) We access this spot from private property..So good luck my friend!

You are not allowed to post fishing location on this site, someone might try and fish there!!!

Heaven forbid somone fishes where I did...as I said earlier access is by either canoe or my Grnadfathers land..Good luck with the latter of the 2.

Heaven forbid somone fishes where I did...as I said earlier access is by either canoe or my Grnadfathers land..Good luck with the latter of the 2.

Man, don't get all fired up. Just don't name specific spots - it is against the rules of this forum - this is why your post was edited and my posts were removed (to stop the flame war and post closure that would have surely ensued). Consider it a lesson for the future and let it die now. For all you know, that "spot" is 4-5 other members of this board who have gone to great lengths to keep it quiet - that's the heart of the rule - it is designed to protect the fishery, because newsflash, word of fishing spots travel quickly and they don't remain good spots for long after that.

(And FYI - the Grand is a navigable waterway, your Grandfather's land isn't "untouchable" so your argumentative tone is misplaced)

Guest Johnny Bass

Great Report. That pickerel looks mighty tasty! Enjoy! I too used to post detailed info and got alot of complaint email.lol Some people are very protective when it comes to their fishing grounds. Especially when it is a small area and can easily become overwhelmed and outfished by fishermen.

Didn't read the initial report, but thanks for sharing. The Grand has one of the best eco systems in North America and will provide great fishing for many years to come.

Lower Grand has been slow for me this year. Funny, last year was cold and wet but Bass where jumping, this year is hot and supposedly bass weather and its slow. I can't find walleye in the grand (where I wade) so maybe in Sept. when things cool down. Fished 5hrs yesterday, hooked in to two decent size bass but not another bite, strange.

The grand is awesome. Glad to hear you had a good day. I grew up shore fishing this river. Good times. I bought a boat and forgot about the awesome fishing available within walking distance. Last summer I got back into shore fishing and had some great days myself.

The river is loaded with fish. All you have to do is find an access point and get in the water. If you walk more than 500m and don't catch a bass you are doing something wrong. Man, the number of 16" plus bass that I've caught near my house is unreal. And I've caught 20s down there too. Just not as many.