Jeeeez, didya hear that ??

lew

Just sitting here looking out the window when a bolt of lightening flashed across Clear Lake followed by what may have been the loudest BANG I've ever heard. :w00t:

The pooch took off and may still running :lol:

Just sitting here looking out the window when a bolt of lightening flashed across Clear Lake followed by what may have been the loudest BANG I've ever heard. :w00t:

The pooch took off and may still running :lol:

Cool...we have had a wicked week for storms here in Ottawa....some of the most amazing lightning I have ever seen.

Just sitting here looking out the window when a bolt of lightening flashed across Clear Lake followed by what may have been the loudest BANG I've ever heard.  :w00t:

The pooch took off and may still running  :lol:

I hope Marvin is OK Lew...

About three years ago lightning hit one of the large spruce trees across the front of our property and lopped off the top third of it...

It has since died and I will soon have to have it cut down...

We didn't see one of our cats for two nights... :)         

I can relate to the 'LOUD'... When I was 2, the electrical transformer outside out window got hit. The loudness was only outdone by the beautiful purple spark show...

On my wife's first camping trip, just after we were married, we were sleeping in a tent at Sandbanks, and a pine 2 rows away got hit. Not too sure how lightning works, but I was glad to be sleeping on a foam mattress pad that night...

And the following year I was watching a storm over Lake O from the comfort of my 15th floor balcony. After the 17th floor balcony got hit, I decided to watch the rest of the storm from indoors.

Each and every time, it was scary as heck, but I've always found it to be a huge rush!

Couple of years ago at about 4am all the windows where open in our trailer and lighting hit a tree about 100 feet from the trailer.....I woke up with my heart pounding so hard I lost my breath....thought I was having a heart attack. Before then I was never scared of lighting, now you wont catch me outside if lighting is even heard off in the distance...one of the most scariest moments of my life.