Iphone 4

ohhenrygsr

Does anyone work at Rogers that can help me with getting an iphone 4. I live in the Barrie area and they just tell me to keep calling them. It's getting frustrating :wallbash:. Any help with shipment dates would be great Pm me if you might get in trouble lol

Does anyone work at Rogers that can help me with getting an iphone 4. I live in the Barrie area and they just tell me to keep calling them. It's getting frustrating :wallbash:. Any help with shipment dates would be great Pm me if you might get in trouble lol

good luck Henry, got mine last Friday. I hear that Apple stores get daily shipments.

iphone 4 ? are you new? lol. ...

such a terrible phone...

lacking hardware, lacking firmware, just terrible...

android ftw :)

but, if you do get an iphone, with iOS/4 .... there is a browser enabled jailbreak for it, should make your life alot nicer ... and by jailbreak, i mean MAJOR security flaw ... go apple!

It's Telus I'm with Rogers :wallbash:

if you buy it from apple store, its sold "unlocked", which isn't really unlocked, but, temp it is ... you can use it with any carrier that works on quad band gsm .. but as soon as you use it with any carrier, its locked to that carrier, so for your case ... but the phone, activate with telus, then its locked to telus .... telus and rogers use same quad band. so it will work edge, 2g, 3g, hsdpa(3.5G) so your golden on telus.

if you buy it from apple store, its sold "unlocked", which isn't really unlocked, but, temp it is ... you can use it with any carrier that works on quad band gsm .. but as soon as you use it with any carrier, its locked to that carrier, so for your case ... but the phone, activate with telus, then its locked to telus .... telus and rogers use same quad band. so it will work edge, 2g, 3g, hsdpa(3.5G) so your golden on telus.

Thanks for the info Trevor i would love the new Iphone 4 but paying full pop for it isn't in my budget. I can wait a bit for it and pay the discounted price for the 3 year contract since i will still have a cell phone for 3 years. They just to expensive buying brand new

iphone 4 ? are you new? lol. ...

such a terrible phone...

lacking hardware, lacking firmware, just terrible...

android ftw :)

but, if you do get an iphone, with iOS/4 .... there is a browser enabled jailbreak for it, should make your life alot nicer ... and by jailbreak, i mean MAJOR security flaw ... go apple!

hahah terrible... never heard anyone call it that

I guess I'm just too old to understand, or care what the hype is all about.... :dunno:

Thats just it with the iPhone, Hype .. nothing more, its an under-delivered, over priced, garbage phone ... for 300$ less you can get a FAR superior, open source phone that will do much more, and cost tonnes less ....

as far as smart phones go, iPhone is worse than Blackberry .. I've had them all, and Android phones are where the smart buy is...

Careful with the G3... Your provider might charge you up the :asshat: for texting out of the service area.. B)

+1 ....

theres options to turn off data when roaming, something of course your service provider wont tell you, lol, but, the option is there .. such a smart option to turn on... thats the first thing on all my phones after unboxing and activation.

+1 ....

theres options to turn off data when roaming, something of course your service provider wont tell you, lol, but, the option is there .. such a smart option to turn on... thats the first thing on all my phones after unboxing and activation.

:thumbsup_anim:

"Good luck finding one" I was told by a Rogers CSA this morning.

I've called everywhere looking for one, and no-one has them at all!

Some stores are making "waiting lists" that will take your name and number and will call you when they get a shipment in. It's a first come, first serve basis.

Yea Stoty thanks for the update i'll let you know if i find any more info about it. i did talk to rogers as well cause they are doing a special promo on 6gig data plans for $30. they told me first week of sept

Edited by Henry Nguyen

"Good luck finding one" I was told by a Rogers CSA this morning.

I've called everywhere looking for one, and no-one has them at all!

Some stores are making "waiting lists" that will take your name and number and will call you when they get a shipment in. It's a first come, first serve basis.

If your looking to purchase an iPhone 4, be it on contract, or outright .... your best bet is to wait till the next manufactured wave gets released...

you won thave to buy a bumper in which case, the white ones are the next wave to be released, and the antenna ports have been covered up for these, so you wnot have teh rediculous reception loss holding it in your left hand ..

if you can be patient, waiting is the best course of action.

thats not even counting the yellowed screens, or the boot loop issues with this wave of phones, steve jobbs pushed them out way to early

Apple is providing iPhone 4 cases that apparently correct the signal issues, for free.

no fix for bootloader loops and yellowed screens though ..

and for ppl who im assuming will be fishing with there phones, if moisture gets between the phone and the case, it will still ground out causing reception loss.

I've fished with my iPhone for 2 years now.

No issues at all with any aspect of the phone. :dunno:

IMO iPhone is the best phone available that everyone is trying to duplicate.

Everyone likes different things, and are entitled to their own opinions.

If you like crackberry's, then cool.

No doubt they are good phones as well just not my thing.

I've fished with my iPhone for 2 years now.

No issues at all with any aspect of the phone. :dunno:

IMO iPhone is the best phone available that everyone is trying to duplicate.

Everyone likes different things, and are entitled to their own opinions.

If you like crackberry's, then cool.

No doubt they are good phones as well just not my thing.

I just meant iPhone 4 and fishing, with the external antenna point might cause issues with moisture being around them, the older iPhones didn't have that issue, 2G, 3G, even the iPod Touch generations ... also, Android was around before iPhone.. just to clarify that point. It wasn't called Android, it was the company that sold the technology to Google, then branded Android, Apple has never been known for being innovative .... The iPhone has its purpose, same as the macbook, etc ... niche market products, that people will gladly purchase for 200$ over the next phone with better hardware(processor, gpu, etc ..).

One thing I will give iPhone, is once its jailbroken, can do alot of cool things ... As a mobile developer, I do enjoy the open sourceness of other OS/manufacturers, and the iPhone again, once jailbroken, can have just as nice of a GUI as any other phone on the market, for sure with almost the same functionality ...

but, if your into just making phone calls, sending the occassional mms/sms, and taking pictures on your phone ... then, it really doens't matter what phone you get. lol.

If your looking to purchase an iPhone 4, be it on contract, or outright .... your best bet is to wait till the next manufactured wave gets released...

you won thave to buy a bumper in which case, the white ones are the next wave to be released, and the antenna ports have been covered up for these, so you wnot have teh rediculous reception loss holding it in your left hand ..

if you can be patient, waiting is the best course of action.

thats not even counting the yellowed screens, or the boot loop issues with this wave of phones, steve jobbs pushed them out way to early

how do you know about antenna ports being covered in the next wave? any proof?

I also have no antenna issues, yellow tintage or proximity sensor issues and really enjoying this chunk of metal :whistling: