Every lake has a Story........

Fishing 24/7

Great report and pics 24/7. Quebec is probably the best place to catch big bass in Canada. I see lots if giant smallies caught in Q on the Yakfishing.net site too. One WARNING though. That pic where all your rods are propped up against the tree trunk. I realize that's the best way to protect them from getting stepped on but if the weather turns ugly, lay them down somewhere safe away from the trees. I had 3 rods leaning like that on an old white pine, 15yrs ago while camping on the Bonnechere River near Barry's Bay. A thunderstorm blew in and the tree was struck by lightning. Two of my rods exploded when the current travelled through them, blowing the resin off and leaving only graphite fibres. They looked like horsetails with reel seats. The 3rd rod was fiberglass and was knocked over but still in perfect condition. Oh ya, and the reels on the zapped rods had all the grease and oil burned off and the handles were welded in and couldn't be removed.

Great report and pics 24/7. Quebec is probably the best place to catch big bass in Canada. I see lots if giant smallies caught in Q on the Yakfishing.net site too. One WARNING though. That pic where all your rods are propped up against the tree trunk. I realize that's the best way to protect them from getting stepped on but if the weather turns ugly, lay them down somewhere safe away from the trees. I had 3 rods leaning like that on an old white pine, 15yrs ago while camping on the Bonnechere River near Barry's Bay. A thunderstorm blew in and the tree was struck by lightning. Two of my rods exploded when the current travelled through them, blowing the resin off and leaving only graphite fibres. They looked like horsetails with reel seats. The 3rd rod was fiberglass and was knocked over but still in perfect condition. Oh ya, and the reels on the zapped rods had all the grease and oil burned off and the handles were welded in and couldn't be removed.

Thanks for the tip bud.

ill keep that in mind next year. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE SWEET REPLIES! :worthy::worthy::worthy: