Tough Day

Guest LivingLegend

Guest LivingLegend

What Kind Of Fish Is That?

Some Kind Of White Fish?

I was thinkin it was a white bass but i dont think so, its Lake Gibson so I say its a mutantblink.gif . Im sure someone will have the answer.....

Guest LivingLegend

The only hwy's I knoe are Hwy 50, 67 and the 406 that run right over lake gibson in the town of the Thorold. Lake Erie and the welland canal flow through this lake. Fish should not be eating out of here.......

Edited by LivingLegend

Guest Johnny Bass

The only hwy's I knoe are Hwy 50, 67 and the 406 that run right over lake gibson in the town of the Thorold. Lake Erie and the welland canal flow through this lake. Fish should not be eating out of here.......

The Gibson lake I know is up north near Georgian bay. Different lake. Thanks

Guest LivingLegend

We tried some on a trip to Nippising recently, no so good, but they are one heck of a strong fighter when hooked.

Really? Whats it like? Are they hard to clean. The fight was nice, I guess if the Pike or Bass arent gonna hit i will take a Sheephead on

I have caught hundreds of sheephead a.k.a freshwater drum in Lake Erie,Lake Ontario Welland Canal, Welland River and Grand River. Many people do take them home for consumption, I personally never would, but then again I don't keep anything from anywhere.

Sheephead are a fun and easy fish to target and I have seen some big ones come out of the lakes, a quick google search "Lake Erie Sheephead" will show you how big these guys can get.

Don't knock Sheephead, you insult my favorite GAME fish, my feelings are hurt :unsure: . I'd sooner catch one big Sheephead than 10 of those drag-in-dead-BOQ Nov. Dec. Walleye boots that hundreds of anglers pursue, I still can't figure why I go after those BOQ boots :tease: Maybe it's the camaraderie after, back at the Motel :whistling::blahblah1: and me telling the guys about my Sheaphead battles. :good:

I knew a couple guys that loved to eat Sheephead. One guy told me you couldn't beat them. He filleted them, cut the filet's up in strips and dropped the strips in boiling water with 1 cup of salt added, scoop the strips out as soon as they turn white and put on ice, take the strips and dip in Shrimp sauce. He called them poor-man-Shrimp.

I know Spiel, you just couldn't resist sending me this thread :D:D