Draw for Dave's boat is today

Dutch

• 3 weeks later...

Well, in case you haven't heard the winner of Dave's boat will be announced Friday, August 27.

I for one have never seen a contest set up like this one before. The winner, along with the secondary draw winners, were apparently drawn on July 30, 2010 at 2:00. It would have been nice to know the winner would be ANNOUNCED nearly a month later.

For whatever reason, probably becuase the boat is required for more filming, which I suport 100%, there is a month wait to find out.

All it would have taken was a sentence in the rules that said "Draw on July 30, winner announced August 27."

Instead the rules read "The 48 remaining secondary prizes, will be drawn and distributed with the Grand Prize at the Cundari Office, approximately 2pm on July 30th 2010."

The words "drawn and distributed" tend to mean to me that the prize winners would be announced and packages sent out or winners contacted to pick them up.

To me, this is frustrating. I did go to Subway more often to get my name in the draw as much as possible and I feel misled. I'll rethink my action next year if there is a contest. The communication regarding the draw time and prizes could have been a lot better. Instead, all I have seen are comments that the delay is due to the lawyers....they are the easy ones to blame.

Anyway, looking forward to FINALLY hearing who the winner is of the main and secondary prizes, but the announcement that the date was going to be this Friday should have been made shortly after the draw - not nearly 3 weeks later on August 21.

Hopefully Subway will do a better job next year.....

Well, in case you haven't heard the winner of Dave's boat will be announced Friday, August 27.

I for one have never seen a contest set up like this one before. The winner, along with the secondary draw winners, were apparently drawn on July 30, 2010 at 2:00. It would have been nice to know the winner would be ANNOUNCED nearly a month later.

For whatever reason, probably becuase the boat is required for more filming, which I suport 100%, there is a month wait to find out.

All it would have taken was a sentence in the rules that said "Draw on July 30, winner announced August 27."

Instead the rules read "The 48 remaining secondary prizes, will be drawn and distributed with the Grand Prize at the Cundari Office, approximately 2pm on July 30th 2010."

The words "drawn and distributed" tend to mean to me that the prize winners would be announced and packages sent out or winners contacted to pick them up.

To me, this is frustrating. I did go to Subway more often to get my name in the draw as much as possible and I feel misled. I'll rethink my action next year if there is a contest. The communication regarding the draw time and prizes could have been a lot better. Instead, all I have seen are comments that the delay is due to the lawyers....they are the easy ones to blame.

Anyway, looking forward to FINALLY hearing who the winner is of the main and secondary prizes, but the announcement that the date was going to be this Friday should have been made shortly after the draw - not nearly 3 weeks later on August 21.

Hopefully Subway will do a better job next year.....

:wallbash::blahblah1: It was a FREE draw right???...I'm sure lawyers were involved and nobody tried misleading anyone! Good on Subway and Dave!

Edited by ctdd2006

Dutch,

First of all thanks for supporting Hook, Line & Subway and thank you for your feedback. However I have to be honest and tell you I think your way off base here. This is a very large contest with a very large prize for someone. With such a contest there is a lot of legal red tape that has to be taken care of and this takes time. The prize was not delayed due to me having to use the boat or anything like that as you had suggested. In Canada we have some crazy laws and the bigger the prize the more laws there is to deal with. I hope you feel better after trashing a contest where a major non-fishing company is giving a major fishing related prize away and promoting our sport in the process.

Now that I have said what I feel good luck in the contest! I hope if you win you can see past the fact that you had to wait 30 whole days to find out.

Dutch,

First of all thanks for supporting Hook, Line & Subway and thank you for your feedback. However I have to be honest and tell you I think your way off base here. This is a very large contest with a very large prize for someone. With such a contest there is a lot of legal red tape that has to be taken care of and this takes time. The prize was not delayed due to me having to use the boat or anything like that as you had suggested. In Canada we have some crazy laws and the bigger the prize the more laws there is to deal with. I hope you feel better after trashing a contest where a major non-fishing company is giving a major fishing related prize away and promoting our sport in the process.

Now that I have said what I feel good luck in the contest! I hope if you win you can see past the fact that you had to wait 30 whole days to find out.

:worthy::thumbsup_anim::clapping: