Boat called grew 160 Musky.

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Woah!$500 is a little steep. Maybe if I planned on keeping it for a long time I would consider it. But its good to know for future considerations. Thanks.

Woah!$500 is a little steep. Maybe if I planned on keeping it for a long time I would consider it. But its good to know for future considerations. Thanks.

Not sure where you got the $500 from. KeelShield should be less than $50.00.

I forget exactly John, but the KeelShield for my Skeeter was around $200 and I had to install it myself.

Their certainly not cheap but should protect the glass if I decide to beach it for whatever reason.....hopefully.

I have a 1989 Doral 16FT Fiber glass boat and it's dry...does not leak at all. I would say you can only make a decision knowing

the application your going to use it for. An aluminum boat being dragged on shore over stone's and rocks in time will cause

issues as well. With Fiberglass unless you gouge it or put a hole in it....I don't see how it would ever leak. The Hull Guard

is a great idea.

I have had both Fiberglass and Aluminum and I have to say that the fiberglass in the similar comparison is heavier and the one

piece solid construction allows it to handle the waves/rough water better (I would say this applies to 15-17ft boats). I don't

however beach my unit to swim....I just jump out in the middle of the lake and climb back in when I'm done. I would hate to

even drag a new Aluminum unit on land...but I am very Anal when it comes to things like that. I have had Rivets pop and that's

not fun.

Guest Johnny Bass

The link he supplied says $449

http://www.bridgeyac...?product=KS12WH

I'm pretty sure the boat specs said the boat is exactly 660lbs.

http://boatlandcanada.ca/index.php?option=com_boatcom&Itemid=277&task=specs

Some girls I bring fishing can't swim so we have to beach the boat.

Edited by Johnny Bass

If you are only planning to keep a boat for two years, you may want to consider buying second hand. Otherwise your going to take a big hit on depreciation. A two year old boat will sell for a lot less than new... a seven year old boat may not be much cheaper than a five year old boat.

Guest Johnny Bass

If you are only planning to keep a boat for two years, you may want to consider buying second hand. Otherwise your going to take a big hit on depreciation. A two year old boat will sell for a lot less than new... a seven year old boat may not be much cheaper than a five year old boat.

Yes but your already getting a deal and a half.I can still sell it for a good price) I've been looking for a few months now and even used? People want too much for their rigs. The ones that are great deals are priced around 20G's.(give or take).

My bro wanted to spend around 10G's give or take.

Anyways, I'm not sure if my bro is going to buy it now. Plus I dont think I will be doing much fishing this season. I'm due for surgery to the thumb in 2 weeks and it will take 8 weeks to heal.

Edited by Johnny Bass