Siwash and Weedless Hooks

MJL

Hi all…I’m just wondering how small of a size can you get Siwash hooks in? I picked up a couple packs of the Gamakatsu ones (No. 10005) in size 10 from BPS on Friday. I’m planning on putting them onto various spinners I own in size 0 through 2 (like Mepps, Panther Martins, Vibrax, Double Loon, Rooster-tail, Riverwood and Olympique spinners). Do Siwash hooks come in sizes smaller than 10?

I’m also looking for small single weedless hooks…I’d like to also try sticking them on the back of some spinners (most likely with a split ring or other method I can devise)…I personally don’t know of anyone who’s tried sticking them onto spinners but theoretically it sounds like a good idea (especially for fishing around log jams) – Surely someone has tried it. Also wondering how small they go as well? So far the smallest I’ve been able to find locally is size 6 which are about 3-4 times bigger than some of the spinners I’d like to put them on.

Many thanks for your help.

Mike

Uh, now I remember that you asked me to check it out for you at BPS ... I did but never gotten back to you. I guess you visited BPS yourself.

Let's go for some carp on the Aug7-8 weekend. I haven't gone out since our midnight trip and I'm busy next weekend.

Hi all…I’m just wondering how small of a size can you get Siwash hooks in? I picked up a couple packs of the Gamakatsu ones (No. 10005) in size 10 from BPS on Friday. I’m planning on putting them onto various spinners I own in size 0 through 2 (like Mepps, Panther Martins, Vibrax, Double Loon, Rooster-tail, Riverwood and Olympique spinners). Do Siwash hooks come in sizes smaller than 10?

I’m also looking for small single weedless hooks…I’d like to also try sticking them on the back of some spinners (most likely with a split ring or other method I can devise)…I personally don’t know of anyone who’s tried sticking them onto spinners but theoretically it sounds like a good idea (especially for fishing around log jams) – Surely someone has tried it. Also wondering how small they go as well? So far the smallest I’ve been able to find locally is size 6 which are about 3-4 times bigger than some of the spinners I’d like to put them on.

Many thanks for your help.

Mike

hey mike how's it going? i've actualy tried the siwash into spinners that i make but as you've mentioned it they only come in the bigger sizes...i've looked at several places and same story. what i have been doing now are using gomagatsu hooks forgot what theyare called but i believe the ones that you use for minnows...i'll let you know what they are called as soon as ifind out. i love them on my spoons...esp on cleo's they dont snag as much and they set very well bec of the bend on the hook not like the straight shanks. hope this helps

As far as weedless hooks go, I have a few that are about the size of your index fingernail, is that small enough? I don't have the size number, all I know is that it's by owner, pretty decent, and was on sale!