Want To Be In A Yamaha Ad ?

Received this press release from Yamaha in this morning's email:

Yamaha launches new advertising campaign to include real world Yamaha owners

For years Yamaha Motor Canada has been asking “What kind of Yamaha are you?” and more and more Canadians are answering back. So much so, that for 2011, Yamaha plans to include pictures of real world Yamaha owners in their promotional materials.

“We agreed it was the next logical step to our advertising strategy,” says Yamaha’s National Manager, Marketing, Tim Kennedy. “In our first run of ‘What kind of Yamaha are you?’ we used generic images; last year we featured Yamaha celebrity figures like motocross champion Colton Facciotti and Facts of Fishing’s Dave Mercer. Now we want to showcase those who have walked into a dealer and purchased a Yamaha. It’s a great way to bring a ‘real world’ perspective to our products.”

Yamaha is currently creating advertisements for every product group (motorcycle, ATV, side by side, snowmobile, marine, and power product) and searching for just the right “This is my Yamaha” candidates.

Do you want to show the pride of ownership of your Yamaha with the rest of Canada? If so, please submit your favourite photos to their Facebook Fan page, facebook.com/YamahaMotorCanada.

So ... who wants to be a star?

I think thats a good approach. I dont listen to a thing i hear or see in advertising these days anyway.......of course its going to be the best of whatever it is being advertised when the company selling it has all the say lol.

Using real testimonials makes much more sense these days. If they keep them real that is. For sake of authenticity they should throw a few people who have constructive criticism and maybe an issue or two into the advertising frey.

A decent marketing plan for them but in order for me to be a "star", I'd need to paint my 4 stroke Mercury which I'm very happy with. But then... my Merc. is probably a Yamaha in Merc. clothing. Thanks for the heads up, Craig.

Well jeez Lew, I don't think I can think of a more appropriate endorser of Yammy products! If Yammy motors can put a smile on your face, well that in itself would be an accomplishment that many a musky, has been unable to achieve! :whistling::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

HH

Looks like Dave priced himself out of the running for the 2011 campaign :P

I like the average Joe approach but I'm even skeptical about most of those. The best advertising is to be the best and have everybody talking about you. If you can't be the best, sponser a Formula 1 car!

Edited by SlowPoke

Well jeez Lew, I don't think I can think of a more appropriate endorser of Yammy products! If Yammy motors can put a smile on your face, well that in itself would be an accomplishment that many a musky, has been unable to achieve! :whistling::thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing:

HH

Not many things can put a smile on this ole kisser HH, but the purrrrrrrrrrrrr of a Yammy is one thing that can fer sure !!!! :lol::lol:

Guest Johnny Bass

The number one thing I look for when I buy a boat is a Yamaha! It would have to be a really sweet deal for me to buy a merc.