This Weekend's Project ~ Pergola (NF)

solopaddler

So early Sat morning I was sitting in front of the computer with my coffee when I stumbled across a great deal.

Someone local to me was selling a 10X10 pergola with a custom made canvas awning for $200 :w00t: .

I had no plans for anything strenuous this weekend, other than prepping for my trip to White River on Wednesday.

I couldn't pass it up though.

The only glitch was it had to be dismantled. I called the person up, told them I'd take it and headed over with my tools.

It took me 31/2 hours to get the darn thing apart, some of the lag bolts were impossible to remove. Of course it poured rain the entire time I was there and the backyard was an unfinished mud pit. I was covered head to toe with muck and sweat LOL!

I got 'er done though. :)

Got it home then spent the balance of Sat and most of Sun building it.

Had to replace the lattice on top but that wasn't a big deal. Gave the wood a quick sanding and a coat of stain and got it together.

My wife loves it (minus the awning...she hates the awning :rolleyes::D ).

I like it though. The back of the house was kind of bare, we needed something there.

I've been working like a dog recently, this week it's time to fish again. Headed north of White River on Wednesday for trophy walleye, can't wait. :)

Pergola014.jpg

Pergola012.jpg

Pergola011.jpg

Edited by solopaddler

Mike....I sure hope my wife never reads your posts. With moving only a short time ago, finishing the shed and now moving the pergola in; you make me look like a lazy ass.

Enjoy your fishing trip to White River.

Cheers

Craig

Solo:

Nice pergola. we enjoy ours a lot. Where are you heading to out of White River? Am heading there next week to Esnagi and am wondering if you are headed there too.

Regards.

I would suggest putting some "K" bracing at the top of the posts and fastening the base of the posts to the concrete. PM me your digits and I'll give you a call with a more detailed explanation.

PM sent.

Nice....I agree with your wife - the awning needs to go - it just takes away from it, kinda like trailer park deco. Much rather see the wood.

Women :rolleyes:

:D

Solo:

Where are you heading to out of White River? Am heading there next week to Esnagi and am wondering if you are headed there too.

Regards.

I'll be portaging into a back lake (hopefully filled with huge walleyes) with my squareback and 2hp motor.

You should have a great time at Esnagi. Great lodge and good lake.

Cheers