Belwood or conestogo

fishinguypat

That is an EXCEPTIONAL day for Conestoga Lake and should not be viewed as the norm there at all. They actually wanted people to report Walleye catches for awhile (and still might - check the GRCA website).

Regardless, the lake CAN produce fish, but it generally isn't worth going through the hassle of all the boat traffic and threat of bad fishing to go there over somewhere else.

Rule weekends out completely for Conestoga Lake.

Not true...I'm originally from Palmerston and regularly fished Conestoga for years, I currently reside in Guelph and can tell you that both lakes are good fishing if you know where to look...I've limited out on both in under 2 hours for walleye. I think Conestoga has bigger Pike(from my experiences). And if either Lake fails you theres a healthy population of Browns in both rivers.

pm me for a few hot spots I know always produce!

Not true...I'm originally from Palmerston and regularly fished Conestoga for years, I currently reside in Guelph and can tell you that both lakes are good fishing if you know where to look...I've limited out on both in under 2 hours for walleye. I think Conestoga has bigger Pike(from my experiences). And if either Lake fails you theres a healthy population of Browns in both rivers.

pm me for a few hot spots I know always produce!

Um there is no walleye in Belwood so your calling your credibility into question here

There was some hillbilly in at Troutfitters the one time I was there and he was ADAMANT that Belwood houses THOUSANDS of walleye. (You frequent Troutfitters Tightline? . . . Joking). Regardless, I'm not planning any pickerel trips to Belwood lake in the near future.

Regardless, I was hoping Guelph Lake would stay out of the conversation as it is definitely the best lake of the three . . . but I guess it can enter the conversation with no harm done since no one with a boat will fish it.

To the original poster...

Both lakes are good fishing lakes.

I prefer conestogo but that's only because I've fished there more and therefore have better results. Pike are easy. Lots near weeds or flooded trees along shore. Big pike are tougher to find. I still haven't caught one over 30" but they are there. Bass are almost everywhere. walleye, well just read some of the above posts ;) Boating hazards are an excellent place to start for bass and eyes. Just pick up a map at the gatehouse.

Belwood. There are walleye. No secret there. I find it a tougher lake. Lots of good fish in there though. Just need to learn it and the fish will come.

Both are busy lakes. So don't plan trips there on weekend afternoons.

Good luck.