Where should I go next year?

10point

So I went on my first real fishing trip the last week in June on Lake Temagami with my Son and my Dad. We stayed at Tamar Vacations and besides the cold weather we had a good time and caught a good amount of fish but besides smallies we only got 3 walleye and 1 northern. Would like to have a chance at more walleye/northern. My Dad is getting up in years and I think it might be smarter to go somewhere we could have cell phone service and quicker access to medical if the need arised if we do this again next year. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be Ontario? I would also consider somewhere like Minnesota.

Edited by 10point

So I went on my first real fishing trip the last week in June on Lake Temagami with my Son and my Dad. We stayed at Tamar Vacations and besides the cold weather we had a good time and caught a good amount of fish but besides smallies we only got 3 walleye and 1 northern. Would like to have a chance at more walleye/northern. My Dad is getting up in years and I think it might be smarter to go somewhere we could have cell phone service and quicker access to medical if the need arised if we do this again next year. Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be Ontario? I would also consider somewhere like Minnesota.

Lake of the Woods. :Gonefishing:

You were actually in one of the best spots in the near North 10point. Air ambulance has a pad on Bear Island.. one in town and a few other select spots on the lake to take him/you/whomever directly to Sudbury's cardio unit.

As for the fishing... they are there but you've got to definitely work for them. Leah and I got out for the first time on Saturday, 10 days after arriving, and put 5 lakers in the boat in 3 hours.

As Dara suggests.. .maybe Lady E next year for a different twist and a little easier to find fish.

You were actually in one of the best spots in the near North 10point. Air ambulance has a pad on Bear Island.. one in town and a few other select spots on the lake to take him/you/whomever directly to Sudbury's cardio unit.

As for the fishing... they are there but you've got to definitely work for them. Leah and I got out for the first time on Saturday, 10 days after arriving, and put 5 lakers in the boat in 3 hours.

As Dara suggests.. .maybe Lady E next year for a different twist and a little easier to find fish.

The fishing wasn't to bad. We caught 30 smallies our first day before it turned cold. I wished we could have spent more time on Cross Lake but it was a long trip and at $6/gallon gas and busting a prop coming out of there my Dad wasn't too interested and going back to Cross.

Red Lake is still in Ontario and is in the heart of Sunset Country, just read Dan C s posting about Red Lake, it might sway you to come up, we have a hospital in town and air ambulance if needed.

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

It is actually disgusting how good the fishing is on LOTW and you're often in sight of Kenora.

You around at all this fall if I can do a western roadie? Was thinking about going to T Bay but I'd like a spin in the new rig. :whistling: