BPS - Reel Trade-In Program this weekend

SlowPoke

I heard a radio ad for BPS last night.... trade in your fishing reel and recieve a credit towards a new one.

I don't know all the details but I think the reels go to a local charity.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

-Brian

Guest mistyriver1

Hey Brian, the reels are provided to an organization (name escapes me) that helps kids that can't afford equipment to get into fishing. You are correct, if you bring in a reel (that still works) they will give you a credit toward a new reel. The more expensive the reel, the bigger the credit. I don't have the flyer here at work but I sure someone can scan that page or give you details.

Are you heading up there this weekend ? I was thinking of going Saturday myself. :whistling:

You bring in any old reel, as long as it works, and you save a certain dollar value off the new reel you're gonna buy. The amount you save depends on the cost of the new reel, not the value of the trade in. The more expensive the new reel, the more money you save. The savings is also calculated on the reel's current sale price; so let's say you plan to buy a Johnny Morris baitcaster: regular price $199, on sale for $99 - you'd save $15 off the $99 price, not $30 (even though it has an original price of $199). You could also buy a cheep reel brand new (Zebco 33 comes to mind) for $10, trade it in, and save $100 off a Calcutta TE for example.

You could also buy a cheep reel brand new (Zebco 33 comes to mind) for $10, trade it in, and save $100 off a Calcutta TE for example.

Nobody deserves a Zebco ;)

Thanks for the info folks, that was a lot more helpful than the customer service lady over the phone!

-Brian

Are you heading up there this weekend ? I was thinking of going Saturday myself. :whistling:

Yep, heading up friday afternoon and possibly stopping in at BPS and staying at my wife's uncles place on Simcoe.

We'll be on the ice (sleds) saturday morning in the BBP area likely.

I'll be wearing a giant red/black Helly with a black helmet with a stupid grin on my face.

-Brian

Edited by SlowPoke

On another fishing board of mine (Lake St. Clair Network) someone had posted that you won't get a trade-in credit if you are buying a Shimano. BPS told the guy that Shimano is not participating in the program. This is in the US so don't know if that applies to Canada as well.

On another fishing board of mine (Lake St. Clair Network) someone had posted that you won't get a trade-in credit if you are buying a Shimano. BPS told the guy that Shimano is not participating in the program. This is in the US so don't know if that applies to Canada as well.

Not applicable with responses.

Edited by mdej

yes its a great sale and the reel trade in is amazing,last year i picked up a few reels and saved about $80 bucks,and its a good cause,and as usual thyere is alot of other stuff on sale that are not in the flyers...and it will be very busymaybe see some of you guys there and maybe roger is working this weekend....cheers :thumbsup_anim::Gonefishing: