Salmon - Trout- On my own in Sonnys Boat

Jen

This past long weekend my Sister and Her Husband came to visit from Cleveland. They fish for Walleye mainly on the south west shores of Erie and were hoping to get out fishing for Salmon on Lake Ontario. The weather held... no wind, no waves (as I am not thrilled taking the boat out unless conditions are perfect). We fished Sunday and Monday, leaving from Port Weller in the Legend heading towards my brothers way points from last year just off the Niagara River close to the US border.

My first time out on my own in the boat without Sonny for salmon I wasn't sure how the day would go...

2.9 miles per hour, in 204 fow, Two Riggers, one 70 ft down 30 back with a green ladder back spoon, the other down 100 feet 50 back with a pink lady spoon. Two larg dipsy's 2 setting no rings on boards, green dodger with e chip and a white fly, green spin doctor and a black fly... we were hitting fish on everything... The fleas were horrible , specially with running braid, but it made for a busy couple of days.

Lyn and Ed get out once a year for Salmon and were thrilled to take home fish to smoke and freeze ... and what great family time.

Thelegend.jpg

ThefirstsalmonVoyageJuly32010.jpg

BernJuly3rdRainbow.jpg

LynSalmonJuly3.jpg

Bernlaughingwithfish.jpg

EdandKing.jpg

EdJuly3rdSalmon.jpg

MondayJuly4th.jpg

Cheers,

Jen