Missing man in Algonquin

NAW

A father and son went on a "4 day" canoe trip. They got messed up somehow on the way. So the father set up camp, and the son went off to try to find a road. They found the father, but havn't been able to find the son.

The article maps out the route they where planning on taking. I don't know the area, but it sure seems like a lot of ground/water to cover in 4 days!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/toronto/father-found-but-son-still-missing-in-algonquin/article1630176/

Edited by F-is-H

with the amount of roads in algoqin park i am suprised he did not find a road sooner . there are roads to nearly ever lake they stop about 1/4 mile away from most lakes

well if he was walking straight im sure he would of found one.. but im assuming that was not the case and he was trying to peel out of the bush. which almost got him in more trouble.. why didnt they just stick together?

This is great news. I always carry my trusty GPS with plenty of spare batteries, but even still you can't rely on it. Many times I have been unable to find a reliable signal, and this is in cottage country. Better yet still, never split up. There is power in numbers.