Flipping for Buckets

Started Flipping again after years of not doing it...Man I forgot how much I enjoy it! Picked up a St.Croix Mojo Bass Flippin rod last year, can't say enough good things about it! Anyway, went out this morning for a few hours in my local Bass haunt...Put 2 nice Largie's in the boat, both came out from under sunken logs, classic spots in this water body...

First one was about 3 lbs.

JB_1.JPG

Second one went on the scales...4.43 lbs.

Jordan_4_4.JPG

Jordan_4_4_-2.JPG

Edited by Pigeontroller

Guest Johnny Bass

Very nice! I love flippin for buckets. Have yet to catch a jig and pig fish this year. Caught a small one flippin a tube but that's about it! Thanks for sharing.

Great looking largies. :clapping:

does standing on an over hanging tree branch and tossing a senko to the outer edge of the fallen tree count as "flipping".

My friends think I have flipped my mind when they see me crawl out on it.

But dang, it's fun to catch one when teetering on a branch like circus performer :unsure:

jig n pig fish always tend to be quality fish for me....usually better than average and there's just something about making a perfect pitch to that tiny little spot way back in there, line twitches, hammerin back and pulling out a big fat bass....love it

Bare foot you got that right, nothing better then those perfect flips.. kinda like the other day skipped a jig ever so perfectly under a center piece of a comunity dock watched my line twitch and slammin the hook into a 3+ ending up loosing her boat side tho.. what a heart break. haha but thats just a part of the game

Bare foot you got that right, nothing better then those perfect flips.. kinda like the other day skipped a jig ever so perfectly under a center piece of a comunity dock watched my line twitch and slammin the hook into a 3+ ending up loosing her boat side tho.. what a heart break. haha but thats just a part of the game

I think it's a bit like fly fishing for me....fish or no fish just making the perfect cast is pretty good on its own too

I'm a fan of calling my fish....she's gonna be right about there, perfect flip, BAM! right where she's supposed to be.....haha, pisses my buddies off

I think it's a bit like fly fishing for me....fish or no fish just making the perfect cast is pretty good on its own too

I'm a fan of calling my fish....she's gonna be right about there, perfect flip, BAM! right where she's supposed to be.....haha, pisses my buddies off

haha i know exactly what you mean, I only started flippin last year mean while my buddies have done it for a few now. and they get so mad when i call my shot and or when i make the nicer flips.. all i have to say to them is practice makes perfect.

except now im on to skippin jigs etc as far under the obstacle

Edited by fish-meister