Float Down

blaque

cool, what did you get the carp on? Get them in a stream?

Straight up can of corn lol. A few kernels on a circle hook.........the right shot pattern to get er' down and keep er down, under a 7 gram drennan and i was in business. Found fish in both medium to slow currents at the head of deep pools, and stagnant tailouts.

They drop a float and tug like anything else. Not the prettiest things but fight usually aint pretty lol

Heres another one of the smaller ones i got a quick pic of...........this ones special lol as its my first migratory brown tro.....i mean carp on float gear (sorry im still in denial that im targetting carp and if you blur your eyes, they kinda look like a brown lol) Props to these fish, ive actually caught plenty of browns that couldnt hold a candle to the pull of these fish

carp4.jpg

Edited by Blaque

Blaque - I've been targetting carp for 5 years or so and though I've slowed down on carp angling since I've gotten a boat, I still make a point of going out after them at least a couple times a summer. Wait until you hook into a 20 to 30 lber, they run and bulldog like nothing else! I've tried nearly everything for carp, and from my experience nothing has out-fished canned corn. Good work and keep the reports coming!

cheers,

Ryan

Blaque - I've been targetting carp for 5 years or so and though I've slowed down on carp angling since I've gotten a boat, I still make a point of going out after them at least a couple times a summer. Wait until you hook into a 20 to 30 lber, they run and bulldog like nothing else! I've tried nearly everything for carp, and from my experience nothing has out-fished canned corn. Good work and keep the reports coming!

cheers,

Ryan

Yeah, we tried a few alternatives to the corn with no hook ups.

Its funny how things kinda go full circle. We used to sneak these same creeks with poles in hand when we were kids, always in awe of the monster carp cruising by us..... but at that age,i had alot less patience and understanding of how to go about hookin up with them and always resorted to just crayfish hunting or swimming lol. And here i am years later, same creek, same carp cruising around.........and finding myself in the same old spots. Brought back "those days" for sure.

I showed the pics to my nephew, i dont think ill be getting any work done around the house this holiday weekend lol. I hope to hook him up with another one of his firsts.

Thx for sharing this.

Carping is pretty much the only fishing I do in the summer months now, cept for a few Bluegill hunts when I want a feed of fresh fish. I can just imagine how much fun they would be under a float on a pin.

The grass can always get cut another day :whistling:

I can already see it taking away from some of my boat time lol. Its a quick and easy commute as well from my place to get to many good pods of fish.

My special little quest is to bring a monster goldie to the banks (orange carp) . THis past sunday i spotted a hog sunbathing just under the surface.........that'd be a neat catch