ANyone know any electric motor only lakes

timmeh

By the looks of the reports it seems that most of you had some pretty good bass openers. Being mostly a river guy this weekend, and week, is tough since most of my spots are blown for a while.

But later this week and/or weekend I am hoping to get the kayak out for a fish. But since I suspect there will be a lot of boat traffic I was hoping to avoid the more popular spots and stick to some electric motor only lakes. I know of a few in the KW area, Guelph and Island lake, but was hoping to get a few other options, and to maybe fish some new water. Anything within 2 hours or so of Kitchener-Waterloo would be awesome.

Thank,

Tim

hey Timmeh, if you look up any of my older reports that aren't from Long Point you'll likely find me smashing largies, panfish or trout on the Deer Creek conservation area. It's a beutiful little lake to fish...holds some GIANT largies, but they don't come easy. You should be able to catch 1 to 2 pounders all day, but the big ones you have to work for. Let me know if you're interested and I'll dig up some pictures and info for you later tonight.

cheers,

Ryan

i know earl rowe in alliston is electric only.. they have a very healthy trout fishery. specs, rainbows, splakes, ect.. i used to rent a canoe and go to town in that lake with my fly rod, or just cast out spinners and spoons.

Edited by alexcba

Timmeh, why don't you check out Yakfisher.net. We are all kayak fishermen in Ontario and some in Quebec. Just tell them the Jedi sent you. I'm actually getting out to Guelph lake tomorrow for my opener, had to work all weekend so this will be my first chance for bass. I'm meeting up with a fellow yakfisher from Orangeville at around 10am.

4joon.jpg

Going to hunt them down in the flooded forest.

Other good local spots are Shades Mill, Valens, Kelso, Mountsberg, Wildwood, Gordon Pittock, or even the much maligned Puslinch lake.

Edited by jediangler