Midland Tornado

irishfield

Shots taken today.. 4 full days later. Most of the mess is cleaned up.. but you can see the destruction.

I videoed the path.. but it didn't turn out well.. in the mist and rain.. :whistling:

Amazing how selective a path it takes. Totally removes a steel building.. yet leaves an 80 year old ladies wood clad home unscathed 35 feet away!

tornado1.jpg

tornado2.jpg

tornado3.jpg

tornado4.jpg

tornado5.jpg

tornado6.jpg

tornado7.jpg

tornado8.jpg

Edited by irishfield

It was crazy. I was sitting on my front porch with my daughter, my other daughter was at her friends on the north side of town. We watched the storm build, then the clouds looked real strange...so I started taking pictures on my phone...then the sound of a freight train...that sound was unbelievable..we looked up and saw all of the debris flying in circles...it was unbelievable...by that point, my daughter had already ran down to the basement....shortly after my wife and i were called out to assist and didn't get home until 4am.

Crazy day....felt an earthquake and witnessed a tornado..how many people can say that?!! :thumbsup_anim:

Okay, I see them, wow, what devastation, its unbelievable.

Thanks for posting those hun.

Joey

Ya sorry to anyone on dial up.. I downsized those at full resolution for clarity.

Edited by irishfield

It was crazy. I was sitting on my front porch with my daughter, my other daughter was at her friends on the north side of town. We watched the storm build, then the clouds looked real strange...so I started taking pictures on my phone...then the sound of a freight train...that sound was unbelievable..we looked up and saw all of the debris flying in circles...it was unbelievable...by that point, my daughter had already ran down to the basement....shortly after my wife and i were called out to assist and didn't get home until 4am.

Crazy day....felt an earthquake and witnessed a tornado..how many people can say that?!! :thumbsup_anim:

Wow, feeling an earthquake and seeing a tornado in a few hours must be very uncommon!

Great pictures Wayne! Looks like the devastation is worse than thought. Incredible that there was no fatalities.

Edited by ehg

Wow!! I was at Home Depot on Friday afternoon and was talking to the hot dog vendor, his gazebo disappeared but he was unhurt. Smith's trailer park took the brunt of it. Scary scary stuff. Saturday morning I was over at Atlas Block and they had a bit of damage but thankfully their building is made of stone and concrete. What's amazing is that a couple of the guys from our park were out fishing out by Picnic Island after the storm and it was calm.

Yah.. well.. that last picture of Sergent Cements processing building.. it was all cement block. It exploded outwards.. while Huronia Steel only lost part of it's roof and no wood trusses. The widest of any spot that I could see where it went thru is no more than 70 feet wide, other than the trailer park where it meandered a bit.. then went up into the field behind Home Depot and then across thru the Honda car lot and Ideal supply.. then it lifted up again before setting back down on #12 and taking a lot of Webers roof off.

Fred's sport shop/ideal suply in that one shot look messed up. 93 coming into midland was a mess as shown in the pics. That roofing business beside sergent cemen still has its roof in tact for the most part. Testiment to their roofs I guess.