Gettin Ugly

Sandbag

Next time have the Summit at Camp Borden. Come protest there dipwads. We got tanks and stuff! 50 caliber oughtta keep the black bloc in line.

I wholeheartedly agree that the group deserves 'domestic terrorist' designation and should be treated as such.

I live about 1/2 a km away from Queens Park and didn't attend any protest or anything. Wouldn't had even known of protest except for constant police and military helicopters overhead. So i guess the police did a good job of controlling and orchestrating the situation, i felt safe.

With all the money spent on security and the many thousands of police present, it was obvious they allowed the black bloc to trash Yonge St. It could have been stopped but didn't. Corrections and security is the largest growing industry in North America over last decade or so. Undercover cops were everywhere.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/g20_protest_videos_capture_chaos_on_toronto_streets/

Maybe undercover cops even incited riots disguised a black bloc like all other times? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfzUOx53Rg

I live about 1/2 a km away from Queens Park and didn't attend any protest or anything. Wouldn't had even known of protest except for constant police and military helicopters overhead. So i guess the police did a good job of controlling and orchestrating the situation, i felt safe.

With all the money spent on security and the many thousands of police present, it was obvious they allowed the black bloc to trash Yonge St. It could have been stopped but didn't. Corrections and security is the largest growing industry in North America over last decade or so. Undercover cops were everywhere.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2010/06/g20_protest_videos_capture_chaos_on_toronto_streets/

Maybe undercover cops even incited riots disguised a black bloc like all other times? :dunno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAfzUOx53Rg

Sure, and maybe the doctor dropped you on your head in the delivery room.

From all of the media coverage that I have watched, I have no idea of any message that any group of "Peaceful Protestors" was trying to convey to the general public. The media coverage has only been focused on the thugs causing the violence.

Maybe it's time for the Peacful Protest groups to find another form of protest where their voice and message can actually be heard. The group(s) causing the damage and violence hide among them and ultimately silence the message they are trying to convey. Just my 2cents.

Cheers

Craig

I was out on Lake O yesterday and heard allot of it on the radio...A sad day for Canada, but the actions of few don't reflect on the opinions of many...Bunch of idiots hurting there cause, and destroying a great city...Straight up UGLY!!!

From all of the media coverage that I have watched, I have no idea of any message that any group of "Peaceful Protestors" was trying to convey to the general public. The media coverage has only been focused on the thugs causing the violence.

Maybe it's time for the Peacful Protest groups to find another form of protest where their voice and message can actually be heard. The group(s) causing the damage and violence hide among them and ultimately silence the message they are trying to convey. Just my 2cents.

Cheers

Craig

I agree with what you stated. This focus on the black bloc justifies the incredible spending. Like earlier said they could have conferenced called this meeting. In the future our kids at least have the opportunity for the many jobs in security, making 10 bucks an hour without benefits.

"Maybe it's time for the Peacful Protest groups to find another form of protest where their voice and message can actually be heard. The group(s) causing the damage and violence hide among them and ultimately silence the message they are trying to convey. Just my 2cents."

I have to agree with you on this one!

I watched a TV special on Womens Health Issues that was being protested. It was done very well but the demostration didnt educate anyone and really was a waste of time.

Matbe its time these demonstrations were ended because the important voices are being lost by the media and because of this group of idiots that are set on destruction.

Maybe take the billion dollars , allow the protest to commence, violence breaks out you surrond the protest ,allow the legit protestors conmtinue into another area, extracxt the jack asses, let the horses and police dogs play with them and then throw them in prison for domestic terrossim.

Probably wouldnt work but something has to be changed , protestors causes get ignored and anarchitists get their way.

Something has to change

Love hearing the losers cry to the media about unfairly they're being treated as the protest at the temperary jail...sniff....poor babies...I guess housing the badasses in your midst is a good idea..

As a cop i guess you have no bias :whistling:

Why didn't the cops stop the destruction despite all the money and resources spent. Not prepared :dunno:

This is pretty bad and uncanadian on all sides. Lots of stupidity all around.

As a cop i guess you have no bias :whistling:

Why didn't the cops stop the destruction despite all the money and resources spent. Not prepared :dunno:

This is pretty bad and uncanadian on all sides. Lots of stupidity all around.

Dude are you serious? The police forces have done an amazing job here..Lets not get silly. Notice all these "protesters" are all out of control..I see all control comming from the police. Go get em boys.

The reason why nothing was done was because they had standing orders to protect the perimeter. That's why the police were there. The black bloc tactics were to wreak havoc to pull police away from the convention center. If the police broke the line the violence would have been much worse. When I was there we were told to hold the line at all costs. That's why you didn't see coppers rush in. I don't know about you, but peoples safety and lives are much property. And if you've been watching the news, those responsible for the violence have been caught

Dude are you serious? The police forces have done an amazing job here..Lets not get silly. Notice all these "protesters" are all out of control..I see all control comming from the police. Go get em boys.

Read the prior threads fully bud :stretcher: , i live by Queens Park and am amazed by the peacefulness around here. Kudos on the police for controlling of the crowd and traffic.

Just wondering why despite all the money spent on security Yonge street was trashed. It was quite visible and could have been controlled.

No resentment or sides taken here.

Read the prior threads fully bud :stretcher: , i live by Queens Park and am amazed by the peacefulness around here. Kudos on the police for controlling of the crowd and traffic.

Just wondering why despite all the money spent on security Yonge street was trashed. It was quite visible and could have been controlled.

I will galdly take a side on this issue..I side with the rule of law.Id gladly shake hands with any of the boys in blue.

I will galdly take a side on this issue..I side with the rule of law.Id gladly shake hands with any of the boys in blue.

Buddy, stop the knee jerk reactions.

I live here, in the center of this, and am amazed by the peacefulness here. Kudos to the police.

Maybe the G20 shouldn't be right in the center of the busiest city in Canada.

Edited by ehg

If I was a business owner or taxpayer in downtown Toronto I would be pissed and probably sue the police force for not even attempting to stop the destruction of my store or residence. when the police simply ignore violence to "normal" peoples safety and property as a sacrifice for security of another "more important" target then something has been lost in the performanc and mandate of the people in charge.

I am sure if a shop keeper defended his property and well being with a firearm, the police would be there in a second.

1 billion dollars and you couldnt protect vulnerable citizens property, utterly shameful!!! The people in charge of this should resign , its a joke

Not dumping on the cops but the people in charge, shameful.

Maybe the G20 shouldn't be right in the center of the busiest city in Canada.

There is something I do agree on.Why in Toronto?? My wife’s cousin and my sister’s husband are both there on the front lines. So this does effect our family as well.. Perhaps my opinion comes across as bios however I reside in Brantford and deal with violent protests on a monthly basis (or so it seems) I find it funny how people protest in Toronto like this and its news. Research what happened in Caledonia and it was tucked under the carpet like it doesnt happen. Why is this ok in Brantford and Caledonia but not ok in Toronto? There were border guards removed from their car, the car was stolen and driven into a hydro control centre destroying everything at an unbelievable cost.. Roads blocked and tries light on fire in the streets. sound familiar? at least the "Black Bloc" didnt bring in excavators and dig up the roads..My reactions are not "knee jerk" they are factual and my opinion.

I've been down here all weekend overseeing one the hospitals and let me tell you, it's no fun! I've lost count of how many times we've shut down our fan system. Some of the cops have come in to use our washrooms and they have so much gear on I don't know how they walk, let alone breath. Kudos to the boys in blue, they've kept us safe from harm.

I've been down here all weekend overseeing one the hospitals and let me tell you, it's no fun! I've lost count of how many times we've shut down our fan system. Some of the cops have come in to use our washrooms and they have so much gear on I don't know how they walk, let alone breath. Kudos to the boys in blue, they've kept us safe from harm.

which is more important than a window... the bag w/ gas mask and riot helmet make our duty belt feel 50lbs heavier!

If I was a business owner or taxpayer in downtown Toronto I would be pissed and probably sue the police force for not even attempting to stop the destruction of my store or residence. when the police simply ignore violence to "normal" peoples safety and property as a sacrifice for security of another "more important" target then something has been lost in the performanc and mandate of the people in charge.

I am sure if a shop keeper defended his property and well being with a firearm, the police would be there in a second.

1 billion dollars and you couldnt protect vulnerable citizens property, utterly shameful!!! The people in charge of this should resign , its a joke

Not dumping on the cops but the people in charge, shameful.

if you noticed the stores damaged were major corporations - starbucks, nike, timmies, scotiabank....mom and pop shops were spared

Guest gbfisher

Have a friend who lives where one of the police cars was burned. He watched while the police drove the car in and parked it. Then walled away. The reporters were then let in. Then the crowd. The police then cornered the crowd from both sides and kept at them until "one" idiot decided for some dumb reason to burn the car after another kicked out the computer and smashed it.. The police could have stopped the person. They know who the person was. The police sat and watched only a 100 feet away. The reporters got their good shots. Only then did the police move the crowd off. they could have at any time. It took 4 to 6 hours for this all to happen.

Ya gotta have good reason to spend so much I guess..Black bloc. :rolleyes:

.....All the worlds a stage. :good:

Guest gbfisher

forgot to add....Don't ever post stuff like I did about things that are wrong and how they work cause .."that's just crazy talk".... :)