Houseboat rentals......

As the title states, a group of us are interested in renting a houseboat for a week.

I was hoping someone may have some info as to the best place to rent one??

Preferably north, distance from Toronto does not matter......obv would like a decent area for fishing.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rented twice from Egan Marine. A 32 footer both times. Once a couples trip when Debbe and I went with my brother and his wife and the 2nd time we did a family trip with our 2 kids. Two of the best vacations I have ever had. We had awesome weather both times which was the key. A poor weather week would be a lot less enjoyable. Have fun.

I have used Egan Houseboats in the past and they are reliable and well equipped.

You could also try happydayshouseboats.com they have two new ones in their fleet that are 52' long, sleep twelve and have satelite tv and a fireplace.

both of those outfitters are on Pigeon Lake and you can get anywhere you want in a week.

Tom.

I'd do Temagami.. but slim chance you'll find one still available for this year!

Lakeland Airways/Three Buoys.. up to 10 persons.. 1-705-569-3455

Leisure Island.. 2 people perfect.. or 2 VERY friendly couples.. 1-705-569-3261

I rented from Three Bouys Marina back in the mid '80s and that boat was GREAT.....also rented from Egan in 2005 and we had nothing but bad luck with their boat, especially the fridge that wouldn't get or stay cold....they ended up crediting us some $$$ but it still was a bummer for the week always trying to purchase ice wherever we went....if I would do it again I would definitly go with Happydays House Boats.

something to consider if you don't mind lots of other traffic,and company and going through locks and waiting then any of the ones on the trent system will do you fine. If you would like some privacy,more of a wilderness setting ,a lot less boating activity and some seclucion and no waiting at locks then Temagami would be a better choice,not to mention it has some pretty good fishing. For me it would be a no brainer,Temagami.

Edited by bowslayer