Fishing Clothing/Rain Suit??

LegitFish

I'm looking for a rain/fishing suit, or at least a jacket. One that is at least light and breathable, but at least will give me some protection from the rain/sun.

Any ideas? I found a nice shimano one at Canadian Tire, but $140 was a bit too much.

I almost bought that one at CT last weekend, but when I noticed the tag said made in china I put it back. Every rainsuit I looked at in CT and Walleyworld are made in China. I just have a hard time paying that kind of money for something that cost probably 10.00 to make. Guess I'll probably be ordering one from LL Bean. Made with pride in the U.S.A. My last rain suit from LL Bean lasted me at least 15 yrs. I have just had such bad luck with products made in China that I refuse to purchase anything from there anymore.

Rain suits are one of those things you can't scrimp on unless it's use is rare to none. I used to wear the rubber coated ones or PVC, after 30 minutes you're just as wet inside as out from the perspiration, then you get cold and freeze the brass clangers and all you want to do is get somewhere warn, ie, where the fish are not. I got the basic "goretex" outfit, cost $150 on sale, top and pants, has served me well and have never gotten a drop inside.

Rain suits are one of those things you can't scrimp on unless it's use is rare to none. I used to wear the rubber coated ones or PVC, after 30 minutes you're just as wet inside as out from the perspiration, then you get cold and freeze the brass clangers and all you want to do is get somewhere warn, ie, where the fish are not. I got the basic "goretex" outfit, cost $150 on sale, top and pants, has served me well and have never gotten a drop inside.

Wonder over to Gander Mountain and check out their "Guide Series" goretex rainwear. The last suit you will ever buy and it breathes unlike the cheap rubber ones.

Cabelas high end stuff is really nice as well.

i actually just picked up one of the wetskins rain suits from CT. i'd had my eye on it for a bit and it happens to be on sale right now (store at guelph line in burlington had plenty of suits in M, L and XXL.) the suit may see use 1-2 times/yr at the rate i get out and it looks like it'll stand up to that use. we'll find out this weekend as it looks like rain for the kawarthas area (i'll be at emily pp)

ryan

heres a link to the suit.

wetskins rain suit

Edited by Dunner

Costco usually has some good quality rainsuits on sale for all seasons. I picked up a wetskins suit a couple of years ago, it was billed as a fall suit. Full, long jacket with a zip-out fleece liner. Double walled pants. Has a great hood with lanyards to hunker down if required.

I have worn the jacket as a winter coat one more than one occasion, so it is warm. Zip out the fleece and use it in the spring or fall, and use the shell in spring without the fleece.

Really a great suit and it was only about $70 from what I remember. Mine is black and orange.

:thumbsup_anim:

I'm looking for a rain/fishing suit, or at least a jacket. One that is at least light and breathable, but at least will give me some protection from the rain/sun.

Any ideas? I found a nice shimano one at Canadian Tire, but $140 was a bit too much.

Got a pretty good one from Bass Pro shops for under a hundred bucks, nice and light too...Hope this helps.. :thumbsup_anim: