Seahawk 4 boats

Mattones

Anyone have or have used one of them? I saw them at Wal-mart for under $100 bucks. Wondering how good these are? The reviews online did nothing.

Wouldnt mind buying something like that and maybe adding a trolling motor on it.

Edited by Mattones

Hey!

I bought one earlier this spring at a Wal-Mart and thought about it for awhile while I was waiting for seasons to open and I decided to return it. I researched it pretty thoroughly and thought it over a lot.

The bright side:

1) Their cheap.

2) It's a great way to get off shore.

The Not-So-Bright Side:

1) Wind pushes those things around aggressively with no motor and you can end up on the other side of the lake in a flash.

2) I really started questioning the safety . . . especially seeing how some people drive their boats around lakes

3) The river life of a boat like this couldn't possibly be THAT long.

4) After Anchor, Trolling Motor, a Plywood Board for the floor (to steady it and make it standable), safety kit, life jackets, container for storage, battery for motor etc, that this boat was going to run me enough to just suck it up and buy a better, safer, water craft.

5) If the boat pops, safety issues aside, you lose all your goods. You could swim to shore in a life jacket, but not with a trolling motor that is at the bottom of a lake, your rods, your other goods etc.

There was just too much of a downside and too much of a risk keeping that boat, so it went back.

I'm a trout fisherman anyways (despite what my name says - I'm bass for July and August almost exclusively).

Hope that helps,

Ryan

I saw them at Wal-mart for under $100 bucks. Wondering how good these are? .

I know absolutely nothing about this boat but just the fact that it's worth less than $100 and comes from Wal-mart would be enuff to make me think it's good for nothing more than the backyard swimming pool.

I could very well be wrong, but I know I certainly wouldn't be taking it on a lake with all my fish'n gear :dunno:

But that's just me.....

Hey!

I bought one earlier this spring at a Wal-Mart and thought about it for awhile while I was waiting for seasons to open and I decided to return it. I researched it pretty thoroughly and thought it over a lot.

The bright side:

1) Their cheap.

2) It's a great way to get off shore.

The Not-So-Bright Side:

1) Wind pushes those things around aggressively with no motor and you can end up on the other side of the lake in a flash.

2) I really started questioning the safety . . . especially seeing how some people drive their boats around lakes

3) The river life of a boat like this couldn't possibly be THAT long.

4) After Anchor, Trolling Motor, a Plywood Board for the floor (to steady it and make it standable), safety kit, life jackets, container for storage, battery for motor etc, that this boat was going to run me enough to just suck it up and buy a better, safer, water craft.

5) If the boat pops, safety issues aside, you lose all your goods. You could swim to shore in a life jacket, but not with a trolling motor that is at the bottom of a lake, your rods, your other goods etc.

There was just too much of a downside and too much of a risk keeping that boat, so it went back.

I'm a trout fisherman anyways (despite what my name says - I'm bass for July and August almost exclusively).

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Thanks for the points :D I agree better not buy it.

I use to fish out of one years back on some smaller lakes. It's ok if you don't go too far from shore... They're not the easiest to paddle long distances. If you're inflating them with a manual pump, it takes a LONG time. You'd also have to be careful with your hooks at the end of your rods. I've had a few close calls where a hook nearly punctured the boat. Then you'd be in big trouble...

Keep your money and at least put it toward a canoe. Did you see this weeks Canadian Tire flyer? Good deal on a canoe with a narrow transom for an electric motor set up. You would be better off with that for 550 bucks.

My linkhttp://canadiantire.shoplocal.com/canadiantire/Default.aspx?action=entryflash&LanguageID=1&cid=AM_FLYERLAND_iFlyer_ENG

Just as Pike Hunter said this week in CTC. also the Kayak. A friend of mine son bought a Kayak that he now fishes small lakes. He loves it. I saw him fishing the Binbrook Crappie derby in it. He's got a rod holder fasten in front of him and paddle trolls. What a slick rig. I've been seeing a lot of guys Kayak fishing lately. I don't know if this is what your interest is of going lite. Ever think of float tubing? Just a suggestion.

Good luck Bud

Anyone have or have used one of them? I saw them at Wal-mart for under $100 bucks. Wondering how good these are? The reviews online did nothing.

Wouldnt mind buying something like that and maybe adding a trolling motor on it.

Hi,

I have a seahawk 400 sport. it's made from armored PVC and it's pretty good quality boat.

Oars are bad quality, but i am using it with trolling motor and i am pretty happy with it.