Acoustic Guitars [NF]

Angler16

thats not much money to play with, id be looking on kijiji for a nice yamaha. since martin and taylor are out of the question go with a yamaha.

i have a yamaha APX 500 and love it. its an electric/acoustic and it has a very nice tone. someone suggested to walk into long & mcquiad and try them all out. thats exactly what i did and the sound of that apx sounded just as good as some guitars in the 1000.00 range.

i also have a dean ML,just wish i had a better amp for it!

Start with a 6, if you learn it well then get a 12.

They both have their place, but if you're learning a 6 is the way to go.

Forget about name brands...

Go into the store, and try a few on for size.

If its comfy, and you like the sound...check the price tag.

If its out of you're range move along, and keep trying.

I'd almost bet the farm that for $400 you'll be getting a yammy, and nothing wrong with that.

They make decent middle of the road guitars, I've played a few yammys that were nicer then the BC rich I'm used to playing LOL...

Don't be name snob dude....Find a sound and feel you like.

Thanks for all the great replies. I was looking at the Seagull guitars how much are they usually?

They can get a little pricy... If you find one for $400, it would be a steal. That last time I checked anyways..

I am musically challenged, can't even play a tambourine, but if I were buying a guitar, I would buy a Taylor. I learned about them after seeing the following video on YouTube:

Great true story about Dave Carroll's problem with United Airlines. Dave (from Halifax NS)has become famous worldwide because of this video. Google him as well for more info.

I am musically challenged, can't even play a tambourine, but if I were buying a guitar, I would buy a Taylor. I learned about them after seeing the following video on YouTube:

Great true story about Dave Carroll's problem with United Airlines. Dave (from Halifax NS)has become famous worldwide because of this video. Google him as well for more info.

Great song for any air travellers. I always travelled in fear with my dive gear and now golf clubs.

But ya might wanna start out a little more modestly. :w00t: I'm not sure if Taylor makes an entry level unit but it seems to me my bro spent something over 2 grand for each of his. I kinda remember numbers like 3,000 being bandied about. One of his looks a bunch like that cutaway model the guy was playing in the vid.

JF

Great song for any air travellers. I always travelled in fear with my dive gear and now golf clubs.

But ya might wanna start out a little more modestly. :w00t: I'm not sure if Taylor makes an entry level unit but it seems to me my bro spent something over 2 grand for each of his. I kinda remember numbers like 3,000 being bandied about. One of his looks a bunch like that cutaway model the guy was playing in the vid.

JF

I just searched the Taylor site and yup, the prices are kinda up there.

But while I was there I checked on my bro and sho' nuff, he gets a mention and there's some of his music on there as well under the Indie section. http://www.taylorguitars.com/artists/awp/indies/matthews.html

He records and works on tv/stage with the girl who's in the writeup. I thought some of you guitar freaks might get a kick out of hearing his music.