Deep Water Pike Lures?

LegitFish

they are essentially muskie lures; believers, grandmas, ernies, legend perchbaits & plows are mass produced lures that come to mind & will get you down 15'+ on the troll. the former two are good to about 18', the latter three a littler deeper. dive curves/depth will increase with the use of wire line.

to get even steeper dive curves/deeper diving lures you will have to look at custom lure makers. ie. brett's baits, wild canuck.

Edited by Raf

I had a problem catching pike deep as well before on lake nipissing. What i did is find where the shallow water drops into deep water and fish that drop off. What I found in this particular spot was that the pike where holding deep but coming up shallow to feed. (took me 2 years to figure this spot out lol) I used Red and White daredevils, this worked great everytime. One 2 hour outing to a favorite spot produced 10 pike from 24 to 36 inches. It was a great couple of hours!

Now the daredevil spoon may not go as deep as 30 feet on its ow so you might need a way to get it down deep but I found i concentrated on the shallower part of structure because that was where the fish where coming up to feed and the ones down deep where not feeding as actively. Most of the fish i got into where in 10-12 feet of water.

Cheers!

dark blue/black bladed spinnerbaits (or inline spinner with black marabou) for casting from a boat over a deep weed bed 30-40ft. Spinning it just above the weeds and let in dip in occasionally. Then follow up with long rod sweeps when the lure gets near the boat in case there are any followers.

Edited by Syn

For myself, I've found that trolling with a three-way set-up, using a 3/4oz. bell or trolling sinker, with a large WILLIAMS WABLER or WHITEFISH can't be beat.......for some reason that three-way seems to get down deep!

A big bass jig 5/8 to 1 ounce or larger if you can find them, use the biggest pork trailer you can find, a pork O works, pork frog or even a 6 or 8 in lizard for a trailer.

LOL Pike or a ski bump a jig a lot harder than a bass can and either will take a swing at them. A good lure for hopping along a deep weed edge or even thru mild to sparse weeds in deeper water.

Even just a Carolina rig with an 8 inch lizard, cheap and effective.

dark blue/black bladed spinnerbaits (or inline spinner with black marabou) for casting from a boat over a deep weed bed 30-40ft.

Those are some deep weeds!

Where I fish, a lot of guys fishing summer pike speed troll the largest floating rapala and it gets down to about 14 feet on a fast troll. I like the grandma or believer too. Try and match up with what you think the big pike are feeding on.