If I had a billion dollars

splashhopper

That was great :clapping:

We could have built them a permanent compound above the arctic circle for less $$$$ and wouldn't have needed so much security and all attending countries could contribute a pittance to keep it going for all future summits. What a crock of bulls...we endure from our "elected" officials.

Bend over just a little further fellow Canadian, it won't hurt....I promise.

Ok gentlemen...I'm working with TPS at the G20...here's why its costing so much

#1 - they are expecting somewhere in the range of 100-200k angry violent protestors

#2 - search on youtube "G20 riots"

#3 - Toronto G20 has received more threats of serious violence from different anarchist/hippie groups than any other summit meeting

#3 they have to pay me and every other officer there overtime because we are working extra time to help out. Not only us but the military as well...plus they have to equip us with riot helmets and gas masks

Trust me, the number of people stopped with molotov cocktails and other weapons has been unreal. Don't get me wrong, the media has done everything to skew the facts..

Lets close more hospitals, lets create the HST, Lets create a higher deficit, Take away pensions, Etc.

I hope they are served caviar and Lobster every meal. Lets send them to the best resort in Ca. I love Our leaders, they just gave me a HST rebate :sarcasm::wallbash: . All makes sense to me.

A billion dollars is nothing :dunno:

No wonder theres violence, thats not hard to figure out.

Edited by Fish Farmer

I agree with holding this summit in the far north somewhere. The farther away from civilization the better. - you'd certainly need a lot fewer cops and security.

Why not have it on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean ? cripes for a billion dollars you could build yourself your own ship big enough to host this exercise.

Why not hold your summit somwhere off the beaten path, and tell the world after you're done instead of advertising it for the photo-op it is ?

How can we have a billion dollars for something like this and be closing schools and hospitals at the same time because there's no money ?

I agree with holding this summit in the far north somewhere. The farther away from civilization the better. - you'd certainly need a lot fewer cops and security.

Why not have it on an aircraft carrier in the middle of the ocean ? cripes for a billion dollars you could build yourself your own ship big enough to host this exercise.

Why not hold your summit somwhere off the beaten path, and tell the world after you're done instead of advertising it for the photo-op it is ?

How can we have a billion dollars for something like this and be closing schools and hospitals at the same time because there's no money ?

How about we put them up in Tuktayuktuk(?),, build the Eskimos a GREAT Lodge for a couple million bucks...let the media ppl pay for their stay, and let the protesters sleep with the polar bears.

When the summit is over, we leave the lodge to the Eskimo's, they use it for tourism, and we call it a wash... a few million oughta build them a nice enough joint to attract some tourism dollars for years to come as well.

Ok gentlemen...I'm working with TPS at the G20...here's why its costing so much

#1 - they are expecting somewhere in the range of 100-200k angry violent protestors

#2 - search on youtube "G20 riots"

#3 - Toronto G20 has received more threats of serious violence from different anarchist/hippie groups than any other summit meeting

#3 they have to pay me and every other officer there overtime because we are working extra time to help out. Not only us but the military as well...plus they have to equip us with riot helmets and gas masks

Trust me, the number of people stopped with molotov cocktails and other weapons has been unreal. Don't get me wrong, the media has done everything to skew the facts..

My son will be working it too...training other officers with the gas mask. He would rather be doing something else let me tell ya. Hopefully it won't be near as ugly as they have been promised it will be. We know squat when it comes to the level of threats and violence promised for that day. If you plan on attending and causing crap, then please plan on going home in pain.

Why is everyone getting bent out of shape over this??!! The media downplays the threats of violence because they have to, otherwise they would just be fanning the flames. This thing is costing a fortune but our economic future hangs in the balance. We have to showcase Canada to the rest of the world. For crying out loud, there are still people in the U.S. who think we live in igloos and they are our next door neighbour. What about other countries?? Most of the world views Canada as a rough rugged place with lots of rocks, trees and oil. Not as a beautiful place to spend a vacation. In the grand scheme of things, the money spent is peanuts, at least we might get something out of this. What did we get out of the long gun registry??? How about E-health??? The Quebec advertising scandal??? It's just another pork barrel project and that will never change. As long as we let our government spend our tax dollars foolishly, they will.