Fishing in the rain....

Well this weekend was all but a total washout.... rain rain rain and more rain.

Nice to fall asleep in the back of my van with the sound of the rain hitting the rooftop though.

One helluva wind for awhile Saturday night with that rain too.... it actually woke me up.

Tried fishing for pike all day Saturday and a little Sunday morning. Got one small one about 20" long... didn;t bother taking a pic either.. lol

On the way home, i decided to stop in to a little town and try for a carp or two...

Tried the worms... no luck.... tried bread... no luck...

Put 5 pieces of corn on the hook with three small splits shots on and KAPOW !

I get this one

Carp1.jpg

Two young kids( 12 years old) came over to my side of the river to see what I caught it on... we soon had them rigged up with corn and small hooks too,

Each of them lost " the biggest fish of their life" within 15 minutes!

They are hooked on corn now,, and live two blocks from this hole.

Right after they left I got in to this brute ( thank goodness a family just came down to try for rock bass and took a pic for me)

Carp2.jpg

All in all I drove 90 minutes(each way for some pike action and only had a small reward) and then stop in 30 minutes from home and get rewarded with some carpin fun!

Gotta love the tug of good sized carp :whistling: :whistling: .

Edited by splashhopper

Nice fish! I noticed that fish is missing a chunk of its upper lip must be from smashing in the wall or something.

Rain completely ruined my weekend as well.

Other then 30 pounds of weeds i got nothing.

Edited by Marko

Nice fish! I noticed that fish is missing a chunk of its upper lip must be from smashing in the wall or something.

Rain completely ruined my weekend as well.

Other then 30 pounds of weeds i got nothing.

I didn't even notice that snout till u pointed it out :blush:

Nice catches Splash...Good on you for showing the kids the awesomeness of the carp :worthy:

I've done similar things driving 2-3hrs in search of carp only to get into a bunch 15mins from home on the way back.

Nice catches Splash...Good on you for showing the kids the awesomeness of the carp :worthy:

I've done similar things driving 2-3hrs in search of carp only to get into a bunch 15mins from home on the way back.

I drove 90 minutes for some Pike action... I am lucky in that I can get in to carp action about 5 minutes from my house in the Thames river here in London... but what fun would that be sleeping in my van in a parking lot next to the Labatt's brewery :rofl2: