Camping Suggestions

Hey guys I need your help to find a Campground.After 3 attempts to book a water site at Sandbanks Provincial Park I have now given up on Sandbanks.Its very difficult to get anthing on line through there Zoo of a booking system.

I am looking for a site on the water with or without electricity as long as I can fit a large tent trailer on the site.I would be bringing my 12 foot boat on top of my tent trailer so once I am on my campsite I can only access my boat from the site.I have no way of transporting the boat after the camp is set up.

I will go to private or Provincial Campgrounds .just don't put me on a lake with 3 foot swells as I am very limited with the 12 footer.Unfortunately I can't tow my 18 foot Lund and the tent trailer all at once so the little tinny is what I will be fishing from.

I also need a place that would be good for the family.So a nice beach would be one thing we need.

If you could send websites and site numbers that would be appreciated.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Mike

Edited by Mike the Pike

Mike

If you and the family like Sandbanks, then can I suggest Bonnechere Provincial Park. I went there with my wife last year. We both loved it. It's got on the river campsites, a beach, showers etc. and just a few short hours from Montreal. Fishing wasn't that great but still a nice place to be.

Brewster

You don't say how far you want to travel Mike...but ~ 5hours from Ottawa =

Site #11 (no power) Finlayson Point Provincial Park (Temagami). Pull your boat up right on the site and if kids are good swimmers they can jump off the rock shoreline into 30fow or walk down the road to the sand beach. Short cut trail from site to comfort station thru bush. Or any of sites #30 to 37 along the shoreline. 30 is closest to the comfort station..33 close to a "toilet" and 36/37 closest to the beach..but furthest from the comfort station. None of these have power. Family can walk into town to shop/browse. Drive up to Caribou Mountain for a gander out over the highest ground in Ontario. Heck maybe even partake in a fishing outing with some crazy guy with a Lund. (my cottage is directly across from site #11...be sure your wife wears bikinis and I'll have my binnoculars handy! LOL )

Look straight up above the boat and the gap between the lighter green trees is site #11

ltdockshot.jpg

Even better water for the 12' Tinny... any site along the water in the SOUTH end at Martin River PPark (most have power). Site #146 has a real nice fireplace up against a large sitting rock for kids and private boat spot. We used it every year for numerous years and dry camped it with our 34' motorhome...but I just looked and for some reason they now call it a tent site and it has power supposably. They had put power in on all the water front sites in the south end as of 2004..but last time we were there #146 was still without power...maybe they finally ran it over to it.

Now if you want a real adventure...but the family may not appreciate being in the middle of nowhere or the two day drive from Qc...Fushimi Ppark (Hearst)...Site #17!!

Edited by irishfield

There are a lot up this way, from Parry Sound to Sudbury along hwy #69, not sure about a 12" boat for those real windy days but I fished in a deep 14' almost every day for 5 years on the bay without problems, obviously not out in the open water but most places inshore.

Sturgeon bay park, killbear provincial parks are real close to me and people seem to enjoy staying there with trophy fish opportunities.

killbear

Sturgeon Bay

Edited by GbayGiant