Found some bargains this week

DRIFTER_016

Up here in Yellowknife we don't have Craigs List of Kajiji but we have YKTrader. :D

Last year I managed to get Solopaddler a sick deal on a 30 HP Honda outboard for $2K. :w00t: There are some good deals to be had if you're quick on the draw. This week I saw an ad for patio stones for $20. I need some patio stones so I call up and tell the lady I'll take them sight unseen. So after work I head over to look at my patio stones and pay the $$$$ for them. Well for $20 I ended up getting a 1/2 skid of concrete pavers!!!! :clapping::clapping:

I asked if she minded if I came over on Saturday to pick them up, no problem come after 1:00 PM as I'm having a garage sale. Perfect!! I went over and loaded my bounty onto my sled trailer for the 3 block trip to my place. As I'm loading up the lady notices the tackle in the back of my truck and asks me if I want to buy the little boat she had in her garage sale, but didn't sell. She said give me $10 and it's yours. Done!!! I couldn''t say no. :rolleyes:

Finish loading everything up and off to my place. Now it's time to unload all the stuff I got for a measly $30.

Now to the proof of my dealings. :lol:

I ended up with 130 of the large pavers and 45 of the small locking stones for $20.

P5290015.jpg

And I wanted to see what they are going to look like when I put them down so I set a few up on the trailer.

P5290014.jpg

P5290013.jpg

Now to the boat part. :D

It's an 8' inflatable with wood floor and will take up to a 4 HP motor.

It's in really good condition and has no holes, leaks or patches!!! For $10!!!! :w00t:

Sweet Score fer sure!!!!!!

P5290016.jpg

P5290017.jpg

P5290018.jpg

P5290019.jpg

As an added bonus my oars from my old single man cat fit. :P

I may get out and test the new boat tomorrow if I can move!!

After loading and unloading my trailer full of pavers it feels like I went the distance with the champ!!! :lol:

I did a quick calculation and I figured I moved about 3150 pounds of pavers by my self. :blink:

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Actually it was a 40hp you got for me, not a 30, and yeah it was a sweet deal. :)

Buddy that is an amazing deal on the inflatable.

If you don't want it I do!

Oh yeah, all I remember was how freaking heavy it was moving it around by myself. flex.gif

Now I need a 2 or 2.5 HP outboard for it. :whistling:

It's perfect for throwing into a float plane and heading into a back lake. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Mike

What are those 2 horse Hondas like?

You have one don't you?

Are they quiet?

I'm thinkng the one with the clutch would be good. :D

Edited by DRIFTER_016

Oh yeah, all I remember was how freaking heavy it was moving it around by myself. flex.gif

It's perfect for throwing into a float plane and heading into a back lake. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

Mike

You have one don't you?

Are they quiet?

I've got the 2hp Honda with the clutch, it's amazing.

About 27lb's and runs all day on a cup or 2 of gas.

Still, if weight was an issue I'd try and find an older 2 stroke. The mid 80's-early 90's Yamahas are fantastic motors.

Mike

You have one don't you?

Are they quiet?

Try a 36 lb + electric motor ;)

Good deal on the boat. I picked up a 9' Quicksilver inflatable with paddles, wood floor, and transom for $100 afew weeks back. I had to drive an hour to get it but was still worth it. It is rated up to 9.9hp but I'll run it with my 1989 4hp Jonson with the integrated tank. I also bought an inflator for it that I can plug into my 4 wheeler. Deflated with the floor out it fits nicely on my back rack with the motor. Now I just have to find a secret spot.