Clean up Lake Ontario?

Guest Johnny Bass

Really? What kind of industry did Toronto have in lake O, 100 years ago? Logging?

That makes sense......Well then its time for McGuinty to do something about the sewage, if he wants to clean up Lake O.. I personally have heard enough warnings and will not swim in that water.

It can be a nuisance having to walk around all that bird doodoo. How do we get around that I dont know. We'd have to cull the numbers.Maybe we go to other countries and see how they deal with the geese along their shore lines. But Commorants? I want them wiped out completely.

I just don't know what should be cleaned out first. The actual lake or restoring the tributaries like the Don, Humber, Black creek, ect...Would make for some great inner city fishing.

There was a lot more heavy industry at the turn of the century in toronto than now... back in the day, they dumped all kinds of crap without any consideration for the env. impact.

[

As for Ross G. Lord park, I am very curious where this 'lake' exists. If you mean the pond/resevoir at the south end of the park... that is hardly suitable for anything recreational. For all I know that is the runoff from last years sinkhole at Finch and Dufferin.

I'v seen carp in there years back. Even heard of bass. But if you look at a google map satellite image of finch dufferin today, and all spring, its been DRY! only a little river running through it, I remember when it looked like a deep mud hole! now its a sandy hole with a piss across creek running through it. This must obviously be a result of the dry winter and lack of rain right? any thoughts on this?

Toronto has 7 "Blue Flag" Beaches.. Look it up.

Lake Ontario is fine to swim in.. save for a few spots after a rainfall... then again Huron, erie and even Geo Bay have restrictions after rainfalls in some spots..

funny I went to sunnyside beach last summer with my ex. at low e-coli levels(look then up) and she got some yest infestion and I got some sort of pink eye!! I'd never swim in there again..

funny I went to sunnyside beach last summer with my ex. at low e-coli levels(look then up) and she got some yest infestion and I got some sort of pink eye!! I'd never swim in there again..

resists.....urge....to....reply...

[

As for Ross G. Lord park, I am very curious where this 'lake' exists. If you mean the pond/resevoir at the south end of the park... that is hardly suitable for anything recreational. For all I know that is the runoff from last years sinkhole at Finch and Dufferin.

I'v seen carp in there years back. Even heard of bass. But if you look at a google map satellite image of finch dufferin today, and all spring, its been DRY! only a little river running through it, I remember when it looked like a deep mud hole! now its a sandy hole with a piss across creek running through it. This must obviously be a result of the dry winter and lack of rain right? any thoughts on this?

Have to admit I haven't been that way in over 20 years, But I used to catch carp, cats, bass on occasion in the late 80's. As I said, G Ross Lord was built without foresight or vision. Mind you the only vision the City of North York had was one of being bigger and colder than downtown Toronto.They are still working on it.

Someone mentioned Black Creek.

There used to be brookies above the city before Vaughan developed the Jane St. strip and allowed everyone to dump whatever they wanted into the system. Beechwood cemetary had a nice little Japanese garden in the one corner but it reeeked of industrial waste during the warm months