Storing Plastics

Hooked

I have decided to increase my plastics collection, so I was wondering how some of you store your plastics? I have been thinking of buying 1 or 2 of those zip-up tackle binders. I know I'll have to buy more sleeves for them too. And realized all this stuff adds to a fair amount of $ for such a small thing. Anyways, looking forward to hearing from ya's.

I have most of mine in Plano boxes, some in a 5 gallon bucket with lid in the original bag or a zip lock freezer bag. I probably have more than most sane people, one of the people at the neighborhood flea market must buy closeouts. I get most of my Lizards and Worms from him for a buck a bag(zoom) if I get up there and he has them I will drop 40 or 50 bucks on them.

Just fishing here take a couple of the plano boxes in a tackle bag, longer trips I will take the small bags and dump a few of them into a zip-lock freezer bag. I can add more salt, garlic or fish oil easily.

I don`t like to have the litter from the small bags in the boat and have had days when the bass were tearing up the soft plastics and went thru two or 3 small bags.

The Plano boxes are nice, but you don`t want the ones with the hinge that is connected as a folding piece of the lid. If it is too cold they get brittle and snap. Get the lids that separate and the snap type closers.

Dont know if what i did was a good idea but I guess i will find out now.... I put all my plastics in ziplock sandwich bags with some sea salt. I found that if I store them this way they don't stick together and are easy to pull one out of the bag at a time. I don't know if this is right but it seemed to make sense to me when I did it. I don't fish with plastics often but when I do I like that I am not pulling a mess of stuck plastics together out.

I just keep them in the bag they come in, and keep the bags in one of the zip up worm binders. No need to buy more sleeves, and there are no tags or grommets to rip. On some manufacturers bags, Berkley's especially, the zip loc can begin to tear from the bag. When that happens, I transfer them to a Glad ZipLoc Freezer Bag, small size.

Edited by BabyHerc