Anyone else get like this?

Gerritt

I'm like that on every road trip. The journey is half the thrill. No problem driving for 22 hours straight through to Florida. Couldn't sleep if I wanted to.

The reverse side of the coin is the trip home. I could have a nap after the first hour behind the wheel. :P

I'm with you on that one. To this day I can easily do the entire trip to Florida in one pass, but my wife threatens me with bodily harm if I keep running past 6 or 7 in the evening. I detest the return trip. There was a time she'd put up with non-stoppers, but no longer. Mebbe that's why we fly everywhere now.

As for the nervous anticipation. There's a fine line between sheer excitement and serious jurassic park type butterflies. The night before a dive trip when I knew we'd be doing a new deep dive I was always wired. I wasn't comfortable till I was kicking for the bottom, then I was fine. With fishing I'm just antsy to get at it. I guess I know I never catch big toothy fish so there's no nerves involved. Mebbe one day I'll hook into a big musky and poop that proverbial brick, and then I'll get pre-fish jitters after that, but a 5# bass just doesn't frighten me. :thumbsup_anim:

JF

Edited by JohnF

When I get like that... it drives my wife crazy!!! All I'm thinking/dreaming about is catching trophy fish and limit after limit of Walleye.

Then my wife goes.. what's wrong? everything Ok? Ya everything is fine hun. She says... You sure?

I say... Ya, Ya, Ya everything is OK.

And it's always the week/weeks before the big week long trip up to the NIP.

She thinks I'm mad at her LOL!. And all it is, is me thinking what else I need to bring/buy/what spots am I gonna hit this year fishing.....

I just love fishing.

Only 39 more days until our trip to Attawapiskat. Based on the last fly-in trip to Edgar Lake, I'll need 14 hours of driving to Nakina and a handful of brews to get to sleep the night before. Still get excited about fishing, just like when I was a little kid.