Pflueger Arbor Spinning reel

Wondering if any of you guys and gals have tried this reel...supposedly awesome for braid and flouro...wide, short spool, the combo won best in show at ICAST last year....and it is on sale at CT next week.

[/quot

i have the pflueger endeavor i love this real but i snapped the rod lol

I picked one up last month and have been using it on my Mojo tube rod no problems yet.I have 10lb power pro on it and I got my first 6lb smallmouth with this reel. Nice smooth drag.Casts great. Nice rubber pads on the spool for the braided line. I've also got 2 of the Supreme's and there a great reel too(2 years of use)not a problem. How much are they going on sale for?

Rob

I picked one up last month and have been using it on my Mojo tube rod no problems yet.I have 10lb power pro on it and I got my first 6lb smallmouth with this reel. Nice smooth drag.Casts great. Nice rubber pads on the spool for the braided line. I've also got 2 of the Supreme's and there a great reel too(2 years of use)not a problem. How much are they going on sale for?

Rob

Looks like $89.95 for the combo. Haven't heard anything bad about it yet...I'm looking for a decent braid spinning reel, this might be it.

Came with a 6' 6" medium action IM8 graphite rod. Only one in stock at the CT around the corner from where I work...they never have much, one of the smaller ones in Kitchener.

IM8 rod too you say? That sounds like a great deal for $90.

This looks like the combo http://www.canadiant...o.jsp?locale=en

Edited by Syn

IM8 rod too you say? That sounds like a great deal for $90.

This looks like the combo http://www.canadiant...o.jsp?locale=en

That's the one...only drawback is you don't get an extra spool buying the combo...but the reel retails for almost $80 on the Cabelas US site. The spool also has rubber inserts that supposedly make the use of backing line not necessary when spooling with braid. Looking forward to trying it out.

Hi guys.

Is anybody using that reel:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/5/SportsRec/Fishing/Reels/PRD~0783811P/Pflueger%252BPresident%252BFishing%252BReel.jsp?locale=en

Price is good and i am just thinking to get one for myself. Will really appreciate any replies about it.

thanks.

I've been using a President for little over a year and have been very happy with. I returned my first one the 1st day because of a clicking under load, but the replacement has been no problem. Very smooth cast and retrieve and handled a 7lb largemouth. I like it better then my Sidestab.

I picked up another at CT and a Arbor combo to try out.

Hi guys.

Is anybody using that reel:

http://www.canadiant...l.jsp?locale=en

Price is good and i am just thinking to get one for myself. Will really appreciate any replies about it.

thanks.

Cosmos, the Plueger President is sweet. Got one last year, and thanks to your post I just picked another one up at CTC for $49.99. The model at CTC is 6735 which is the same one I got at Bass Pro last year. Beautiful, 9 bearings super smooth.

Here are the customer reviews from Bass Pro:

http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

You won't be disappointed.

I picked one up today at crappy tire. The guides looked cheap on the rod, but on closer inspection they are stainless steel guides with titanium inserts.The rod is a Pfleuger 6.6ft 2 pc, IM8 with the split handle. Looks like a good rod for jigging eyes and finicky smallies. I will try it out tomorrow morning. I am going out to put some 8lb stren mono on it right now. Cheers.

I picked one up today at crappy tire. The guides looked cheap on the rod, but on closer inspection they are stainless steel guides with titanium inserts.The rod is a Pfleuger 6.6ft 2 pc, IM8 with the split handle. Looks like a good rod for jigging eyes and finicky smallies. I will try it out tomorrow morning. I am going out to put some 8lb stren mono on it right now. Cheers.

The guides should be fine...I'm trying mine out tomorrow as well...spooled up with 20 lb braid. Trying out a lake that I used to fish years ago...hoping she still has some "gold" in her.

The guides should be fine...I'm trying mine out tomorrow as well...spooled up with 20 lb braid. Trying out a lake that I used to fish years ago...hoping she still has some "gold" in her.

Was there a tag on the rod that says what guides they are? Wondering if they are recoil guides?

edit: probably not. I'm thinking aluminum oxide.

Edited by Syn

Was there a tag on the rod that says what guides they are? Wondering if they are recoil guides?

edit: probably not. I'm thinking aluminum oxide.

Durable stainless steel guides designed for today's superlines...is the write up for them. All in all looks like a decent combo for the money...I will let you all know how it performs for me this week and more than likely next week on Scugog.

Cosmos, the Plueger President is sweet. Got one last year, and thanks to your post I just picked another one up at CTC for $49.99. The model at CTC is 6735 which is the same one I got at Bass Pro last year. Beautiful, 9 bearings super smooth.

Here are the customer reviews from Bass Pro:

http://www.basspro.c...__SearchResults

You won't be disappointed.

Thanks man.

I got one too, took the last one, didn't try it yet but i checked reviews and it's looking as really good one to me.

Tried out the Arbor today, no problems...felt good in my hands, handled the braid beautifully...unfortunately the lake we tried has definitely suffered from way too much catch and keep over the years...not one walleye caught. Pike and perch and even those were few and far between.

Hoping for some more success at Scugog next week.

At least it was a gorgeous day to be out on the water!!!!!!!