Fish Crisp

Guest Johnny Bass

Guest Johnny Bass

Tried the Beer batter fish crisp(with a few added spices) with some Pollock and it was DELICIOUS!You'all should try it!Unfortunately they raised the price AND reduced the packages by I think 100 Grams.It must be that wheat shortage we are having. :rolleyes::wallbash:

Now I'm going to try it with the white fish I caught and see if it tastes as good with fresh water fish.

On another note? I have been buying Berkley line for years. But lately been running into a lot of batches that are frail. Bought the new silver pack one and it is a little better. Might have to change mono-lines if this keeps up!

Oh and the fish spreaders? Don't they make the ones with the big "T" at the end so it holds the fishes mouth open and it doesn't puncture the mouth? Sure you could wrap hockey tape around the ends but it still is a little dangerous. Doesn't hold the mouth open properly.

Guest Johnny Bass

Fish Crisp beer batter is very good, although I find any batter a bit messy for my liking (I'm talking clean up afterwards). I usually stick with a basic breading, often Fish Crisp Italian.

Haven't tried the Italian one. Will give it a try. Tried the Cajun but did not like it that much.

Edited by Johnny Bass

Couldn't agree with you more, Johnny, about the Fish Crisp Beer Batter. Beyond it tasting awesome, it's so quick and easy!

I like to mix mine so it's real thick, and make sure the fillets are patted nice and dry with a cloth so the batter sticks on the fillet nicely.

Guest Johnny Bass

Roasted Garlic and Butter is my favorite too jedi but tried the beer batter and basically went from cooking 2 fillets to about 8, with no left overs. It was that good. Have still yet to try the origional.

Thanks for the tip backbay. Will try uncle buck and also gonna try Chronzy's batter.

I used to never eat fresh water fish but now I love it!!!

Roasted garlic and butter/Cajun...about a 60/40 mix. If you like it a bit spicy, absolutely awesome!!!

As far as mono...still prefer Trilene XT in green (6 and 8 lb test...I don't use anything heavier in mono) above any others I have tried.

Johnny, I've tried Fish Crisp reg. just as a coating, not bad. I like the Gronzy Breading and batter just as a breading, best, but don't add any salt, it's salty enough. Sometimes it's just preference. That Roasted Garlic & Butter sounds good.

Edited by Fish Farmer

Im to cheap to buy my own breading and batter so I just make my own, all you need is flour, salt, black pepper, paprika

for 8 fillets of perch

3 tbls of flour

1.5 tbls of salt

1 tsp of black pepper

1 tbls of paprika

im a big fan of salt if you can tell

Guest Johnny Bass

Im to cheap to buy my own breading and batter so I just make my own, all you need is flour, salt, black pepper, paprika

for 8 fillets of perch

3 tbls of flour

1.5 tbls of salt

1 tsp of black pepper

1 tbls of paprika

im a big fan of salt if you can tell

I tried that too with lemon and parsley. If you substitute the flour with pancake mix and/or corn meal, it makes a great batter.