Fishing in Quebec

nelly

Thinking of fishing for some walleyes in Quebec during the late spring. This would be a 3 night, 4 day trip. Need a change of scenery. Any comments from these two resorts. Price seems reasonable. They both have exclusive rights and not sure what the access fee might be?

http://clubtroutlake.com/territoire.html

http://domaineshannon.com/territory.html

been to Shannon a few years back. Nice place. Just dont go for the opener. Can be very hit and miss at that time of year.Cabins are fine with electricity-camp is run off a main generater. Main lake(Seguin) has tons of walleyes some big and poss for huge pike to 30 lbs. Great thing is you can drive to dozens of other lakes in there territory. They have a catch/release trophy lake but you MUST hire a guide to go there. Good place for the $$. I will be going back sometime.

I've been to Shannon several times. Want lotsa walleye, that's a good place to go. If I remember correctly, the last time I was there it cost me $309.00 for four days. Pretty dang reasonable and the fishing was excellent.

Roy,for over 3 bills-did you take the meals deal?We brought our own food and kept the costs down. Also keep in mind their package deals include a boat but you must pay for a motor and gas daily. Kind of like a legend boat package if you ask me. They should make their prices accordingly including the WHOLE package.

Tomcat-most of the replies in this thread are from Montrealers.

Edited by darsky

Thanks for all your comments and help guys. Do any of you know the daily cost for access fee for exclusive right?

Tomcat-I have only fish in Quebec once before and that was in the spring of 1999. The outfitter that we use was great and the fishing was excellent but has been sold in the recent years. The new place is too fancy and with higher price. It is located way back in the remote area of the La Verendrye Reserve. This is why I prefer to look for other outfitters around this area. The two main region are Abitibi-Temiscamingue and Outaouais.

I will bump up the other thread for you in order to get more info, along with a free road map and 2007 outfitters guide book.

Gouin Reservoir....lots of walleyes but small in size. Slot limits are unheard of here in Quebec. Most of the time, I hear "put back the small fish and keep the big fish". I guess that someday, someone is going to wake up. However, you can have a lot of fun renting a house boat.

If you want large walleyes, go to Ontario where there are slot limits. You can eat walleye until you burst and have fun catching and releasing large walleyes.

Gouin Reservoir....lots of walleyes but small in size. Slot limits are unheard of here in Quebec. Most of the time, I hear "put back the small fish and keep the big fish". I guess that someday, someone is going to wake up. However, you can have a lot of fun renting a house boat.

If you want large walleyes, go to Ontario where there are slot limits. You can eat walleye until you burst and have fun catching and releasing large walleyes.

it depends where on gouin you go to..the sector i fish averages walleye between 2-4lbs and its rare you see people but a houseboat might be some fun