WASHINGTON.....

Stoty

Well I don't mean to start a hornets nest here but, the call on the goal that called back was pretty bogus. He got pushed into Halak by Gill. But none the less they had a whole game to score 2 goals. Halak, won that series for them hands down. Best playoff perfomance for a very long time by a goalie. I hate the Habs, but I need ot root for them now since they work out best for my hockey pool.....err uuuu Go Habs Go....... CRINGE shudder....with shivers up my back.

And the reson Gill isn't being talked about is because if they didn't call that goal back Gill would have been booed out of town for pushing the washington guy into Halak and causing them the series. He played solid but man oh man I bet he was shitting in his skates for a few seconds til they called the goal back.

Edited by jedimaster

This dude is funny! Good for a laugh if you not a OVE fan if you are dont click....hey Ove wheres your presidents trophy now? ha ha ha

'Crosby doesn't battle like Ovechkin,' 'I'd take him over Crosby.' lol I may have a television with cable you can borrow guys lol.

I judge players like lures. Some are flashy and produce nothing, or only produce alongside everything else. Others are reliable and will catch fish when it's tough and have a production record. I ask again....how is Ovechkin any different than any other skilled euro past or present who can't lead and has piled up stats while never even winning on a Nevada Ticket? If you like hotdogging, soundbites, goofy antics and a real penchant for predatory play, Ovechkin is your man. Very quietly Backtrom and Semin appear every bit as deadly as Ovechkin. Both are equally effective. Look what Fetisov, Fedorov etc accomplished while playing like adults. Ovechkin needs to win something or lead a team and worry less about being a goof. Ovechkin=Poor Man's Bure.

Headed north, you boys have fun!

'Crosby doesn't battle like Ovechkin,' 'I'd take him over Crosby.' lol I may have a television with cable you can borrow guys lol.

I judge players like lures. Some are flashy and produce nothing, or only produce alongside everything else. Others are reliable and will catch fish when it's tough and have a production record. I ask again....how is Ovechkin any different than any other skilled euro past or present who can't lead and has piled up stats while never even winning on a Nevada Ticket? If you like hotdogging, soundbites, goofy antics and a real penchant for predatory play, Ovechkin is your man. Very quietly Backtrom and Semin appear every bit as deadly as Ovechkin. Both are equally effective. Look what Fetisov, Fedorov etc accomplished while playing like adults. Ovechkin needs to win something or lead a team and worry less about being a goof. Ovechkin=Poor Man's Bure.

Headed north, you boys have fun!

well written! couldnt have said it any better myself..Im north too baby!! going to fish the mouth of the oxtongue river in the lake of bays for a couple o days!

I would take Ovechkin over crosby any day of the week. but ove wouldn't be the captain. He would be the number one left winger. He is a goal scoring freak. He needs a mentor, like Federov had in Yzerman and Linden of Bure, before the florida co captain thingy with Paul Laus. The flashy goal scoring russian freaks need a solid North american style player to show them the ropes for a while and keep them in check before they become a better well rounded player.

At there current ages and skill sets, I would take ove over crosby. But to be honest with you ANY team would take either one over ANY of the player on there teams. They are hands down the two brightest most tallented players in the league right now.

but yah the caps sure choke on that 3-1 lead. man o man my pool is effed up now. I gotta hope for a Boston or Montreal cup win to even have a chance.

Halak in six this round.

Just ask Washington what happens when you count on just one player to win the games. Montreal has a "D" but their small up front..Should be interesting to see the next series. I personally take the pens in 5.They have a good solid team.No individual players all about teamwork.

Edited by tb4me

The caps might of scored only one or two goals while on the pp in the whole series. Thats dismal.

1 for 33 (1%) to be exact. They had the highest percent success rate during the regular season at about 25%, I think the next closest team was the toilets seats at around 21%.

I think we know why Team Canada may have decided why not to take Green over Doughty for the Olympic team.

Guest Johnny Bass

I have to agree with Jedi. Washington got robbed on that goal and I think Halak took a dive after he KNEW it went in. The puck went in well before the alleged interference.I was telling my brother, if Halak stays sharp they will win, but if they break Halak early, they will open him up. The goal called back breathed more life into him.

Hal Gill played amazing and I was not happy when I heard they traded him. I was one of the guys that wanted Gill to come to Toronto in the first place.

In game 6? Even though I am a leaf fan, I really wanted Montreal to win. I told my brother that Washington has the skill but Montreal has the heart and is more hungry. Halak looked strong in game 6. I didn't see Halak's pre-season games but was very impressed with Halak in the winter Olympics. Solid goaltender.

The truth of the mater is Washington outplayed Montreal(But their power play sucked big time). The shots on goal tell it all. Montreal was just hungrier, blocking shots, aggressive fore checking, and of course Halak standing on his head. ect...

Washington can't be blamed. Montreal played a good game. But Washington might be looking to bulk up next season.

This playoffs is going to have some amazing hockey games!

1 for 33 (1%) to be exact. They had the highest percent success rate during the regular season at about 25%, I think the next closest team was the toilets seats at around 21%.

I think we know why Team Canada may have decided why not to take Green over Doughty for the Olympic team.

I believe it was 1 for 34 - counting the one in the last 2 minutes of the game.

Don

Our power play was pathetic,we played without heart.Our guys were doggong it and expecting the puck to bounce our way.I feel bad for OV,Backstrom,Carlson.Chimera and a few others that gave the 100%.The rest thought it was there cup to lose...They lost it!The team is still very young and will be a force for years to come,thank you Ted.I could pick apart the referee bad calls and the bad luck but the bottom line is this series shhould not have even been close enough for a few bad calls to make a difference.We played poorly and the Canadiens wanted it more.Very humbleing and now I have no hockey to watch until fall.Best of luck to whoever wins this thing,I think the best team has been eliminated and educated.

Joe

Excuses for a team with no heart. Bad referee calls both ways. Always a joy when Ovie loses. Last year when Washington was up 2-0 on Pittsburgh, Ovie singing on the bench with the fans in Washington, Pittsburgh sucks. Was so nice when Pittsburgh took them out. Now my Habs have taken them out which makes my season. And agree, it is very apparent why Green was not on Team Canada. Comes to the big games and where is he? Something like 12 games in the playoffs now with out a goal.

As they say, goaltending and defence win in the playoffs, Washington has neither.