Greetings from NY State

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I've been on a rather lengthy work trip in NY so I haven't posted much. The last few days I have however had the privilege of an annual visit to the Salmon River. Minus the crowds which can be insane, the drift boat guides who have absolutely NO river etiquette, and getting low holed, boxed in, and guys wading across tailouts, the fishing is still good. I've managed to bank plenty of fish between 6-8 lbs, and had a fish I figure was about 12 tear me a new butthole. Not bad for only fishing an hour or two a day. A coworker came and watched this morning so I was able to get a few pics and a video (which I will upload later). Hope all is well on OFC!

044-2.jpg

045-1.jpg

i did this one just for solo! :whistling:

046-1.jpg

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

You forgot to mention mentally retarded guides ganging up on and beating the crap out of 62 year old fishermen. :angry:

I only ever fished the Salmon in the middle of winter as I didn't want to deal with all the crap that happens down there.

Nice feeeeesh though!!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

it's actually one fish, just several pics... i ain't gonna pull a fast one on the OFC'ers.

i've been fishing pretty much the same hole each day as it's right behind my motel. each day the hole was good for 2 - 5 fish before the hoards moved in.

the guides here really are pricks. i had one the other day drift down the middle of my run, do a few donuts on top of the 20 feet of the run that was actually holding fish, point them out to his client as they scattered, then drift away. i didn't have a bite after that. i've heard a 1 ounce sinker to the gel coat is the appropriate way of negotiating, but i fear american law enforcement more than the devil himself. back to ontario sunday! thank god!